HR at Refex Industries
Views:1896 Applications:338 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:188
Refex Group - Associate Director/Director - Investment Management (12-20 yrs)
Deal sourcing: Find entrepreneurs leveraging tech and solving for large problems
- Strong understanding of investor and entrepreneur ecosystem in India.
- Source deals and build strong pipeline across key sectors of investment
- Become an expert across key sectors of interest through extensive research, deep domain and ecosystem relationships
- Build new and maintain relationships across the various relevant stakeholder groups in the Indian startup ecosystem: entrepreneurs, downstream investors, upstream accelerators/incubators/angels, advisors and sector experts
Due Diligence: Understand, evaluate and champion opportunities for investment, internally.
- Own and drive investment diligence: market research, speaking with industry experts/customers/potential partners/team, comprehensive financial modelling, build comparative theses across sector/geography etc.
- Build conviction, lead evaluation, drive negotiations and help close exciting new investments.
- Prepare all necessary documents, articulate and present investments in a compelling manner to the investment committee to help drive the investment decision.
- Understand deal structures and terms clearly. Lead term sheet negotiations with companies.
- Work with the senior team, to learn, leverage and implement best practices
Portfolio: Work with expert venture partners, be involved in strategy, operations and governance issues by occupying Observer positions on Company Boards and partner with entrepreneurs as they journey from early revenues through scale.
- Manage relationships with portfolio companies.
- Monitor closely progress of companies in the portfolio, support to ensure superior performance against benchmarks and overall great business execution
- Work closely with the portfolio companies and help them with business development, funding, planning, hiring, operations improvement, expansion, etc.
- Follow up with portfolio companies on a monthly/quarterly basis for MIS reports, completion of dashboards, financial statements, cash positions, impact data etc. Proactively analyze and action based on data as the company executes.
Relevant Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- CA /CFA/MBA from top tier college. MBA's with an engineering background from a top tier college will be an added advantage
- 12 to 20 years of experience in venture capital, investment banking, Family -office, start- ups and/or at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Strong insider knowledge of the India market and the Indian startup ecosystem
- Excellent commercial business acumen clubbed with strong financial analysis abilities.
- Evidence of ability to think creatively about business problems and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, always curious to learn, has a great eye for detail, is highly quality conscious and takes complete ownership or projects and work products