RedCarpet - Vice President - Investor Relations & Strategy (5-12 yrs)
RedCarpet.Cash is one of India's largest issuers of revolving credit instruments to the new-to-credit market. We have over 1.7 lakh plastic in 28 cities and a couple of million users of virtual revolving credit on our app. Our products include different kinds of cards as well as the new upcoming UPI 2.0 Overdraft system.
We are building the Capital One of India. We are creating very smart, high engagement, revolving credit products for India. Think credit cards and UPI 2.0 OD accounts - we will build on top of all kinds of regulatory infrastructure.
At RedCarpet, we have built and own the stack - everything from acquisition to underwriting to collections is built in house. We also leverage our NBFC subsidiary (Redux Credit Finance Pvt Ltd) to power some of these lines.
We have been EBITDA profitable since the beginning of 2020 ... and we still are EBITDA profitable (after accounting for COVID moratorium and RBI additional provisioning). We are beating the industry on collections and have one of the lowest portfolio-under-moratorium in the industry. We see industry and regulatory tailwinds in the near future - it is a matter of time before RBI opens up credit card issuance to NBFC.
We are targeting a multi-billion dollar market (on the lower end) while building a fundamental #MakeInIndia company. We work closely with the Niti Aayog, RBI, NPCI and the Startupindia/DIPP and contribute our policy papers and opinions on a highly regulated space like lending.
RedCarpet has pretty much re-written the rule book on risk, especially to the New-to-credit and New-to-credit-cards segment in India. Our work on building our risk engine - Marvin - is considered one of the best in India. The way we structure our teams is inspired by how the best credit card companies are built.
What is this role:
This role directly reports to the Founders & CEO. You will get the authority to run strategy & IR for the NBFC as well as the overall company.
This an extroverted, outward facing, public role with massive impact and visibility.
1. To work alongside the leadership team and develop and finalize the Investment Deck, and instill investor confidence and belief in the company's vision and strategy for delivering shareholders value.
2. To develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework. Run IR including Investor Mapping, earnings calls, all external financial communication, handle enquiries and provide continuous feedback.
3. Responsible for creating awareness about the company and amongst the banking and other investor community, as a market making activity.
4. Manage investor and analyst communications including quarterly/annual earnings releases, investor presentations, conference calls, regulatory and disclosure compliance, planning and scheduling meetings
5. To analyze and present financial trends, competitor behavior, shareholder issues, and anything else that could impact the business.
6. Structuring and arranging debt capital via structured finance transactions including Securitizations, Portfolio Buyouts, Covered Bonds, Pooled Bonds and all other debt market products in India.
7. Responsible for preparation of reports on the company's profile and performance and other marketing material and presenting it to the company's current and potential future lenders
8. Managing debt funding requirements for the company by initiating and managing relationships with Banks, NBFCs, Mutual Funds, Family Offices and other debt capital market to raise debt financing as well
9. Help refine the long-term financial model, with strong emphasis on current financial data analysis, bring external insights through competition performance, analyst reviews, market movement etc. Bring thought leadership on capital sufficiency ensuring low-cost high impact capital structure.
Compensation : Salary and considerable company stock options.
Location: Anywhere. We are big believers in a distributed working environment.