RedCarpet - Chief Operating Officer/Chief Business Officer - Credit Cards Vertical (10-25 yrs)
RedCarpet.Cash is one of India's largest issuers of revolving credit instruments to the new-to-credit market. We have over 1.7 lakh plastic in 28 cities and a couple of million users of virtual revolving credit on our app. Our products include different kinds of cards as well as the new upcoming UPI 2.0 Overdraft system.At RedCarpet, we have built and own the stack - everything from acquisition to underwriting to collections is built in house. We also leverage our NBFC subsidiary (Redux Credit Finance Pvt Ltd) to power some of these lines.
We have been EBITDA profitable since the beginning of 2020 ... and we still are EBITDA profitable (after accounting for COVID moratorium and RBI additional provisioning). We are beating the industry on collections and have one of the lowest portfolio-under-moratorium in the industry.We see industry and regulatory tailwinds in the near future - it is a matter of time before RBI opens up credit card issuance to NBFC.
We are targeting a multi-billion dollar market (on the lower end) while building a fundamental #MakeInIndia company. We work closely with the Niti Aayog, RBI, NPCI and the Startupindia/DIPP and contribute our policy papers and opinions on a highly regulated space like lending.
We have chosen to take a higher ethical ground through design, long before privacy concerns ever surfaced in India - https://www.redcarpetup.com/2017/11/29/design-for-honesty/
We are building the Capital One of India. We are not a neobank. We are creating very smart, high engagement, revolving credit products for India. Think credit cards and UPI 2.0 OD accounts - we will build on top of all kinds of regulatory infrastructure.
What is this role:
- You will be treated like a mini-CEO. This is a role comparable to a co-founder.
- You need to have built large growth organizations. Not important whether finance or not. But massive massive growth at blistering pace is important. This is a gating criteria.
- Key responsibility includes P&L, Business Growth Revenue Generation, Bottom-line and Top line growth and increase Market share
- Leadership for the development of strategic marketing plans including objectives and strategy for targeted markets
- Represent the company in important functions, industry events and public meetings
- Startup mindset. Hands on.