RedCarpet - Business Analyst - Credit Bureau Risk Strategy (1-7 yrs)
- RedCarpet is one of India\\\'s largest issuers of revolving credit instruments to the new-to-credit market. We have over 1.7 lakh plastic in 28 cities and a couple of million users of virtual revolving credit on our app. Our products include different kinds of cards as well as the new upcoming UPI 2.0 Overdraft system. - At RedCarpet, we have built and own the stack - everything from acquisition to underwriting to collections is built in house. We also leverage our NBFC subsidiary (Redux Credit Finance Pvt Ltd) to power some of these lines.
- This is what our card looks like : https://www.redcarpetup.com/2019/12/19/redcarpet-card-design/
- We have been EBITDA profitable since the beginning of 2020 ... and we still are EBITDA profitable (after accounting for COVID moratorium and RBI additional provisioning). We are beating the industry on collections and have one of the lowest portfolio-under-moratorium in the industry.We see industry and regulatory tailwinds in the near future - it is a matter of time before RBI opens up credit card issuance to NBFC.
- We are targeting a multi-billion dollar market (on the lower end) while building a fundamental #MakeInIndia company. We work closely with the Niti Aayog, RBI, NPCI and the Startupindia/DIPP and contribute our policy papers and opinions on a highly regulated space like lending.
- We have chosen to take a higher ethical ground through design, long before privacy concerns ever surfaced in India - https://www.redcarpetup.com/2017/11/29/design-for-honesty/
- We are building the Capital One of India. We are creating very smart, high engagement, revolving credit products for India. Think credit cards and UPI 2.0 OD accounts. We will build on top of all kinds of regulatory infrastructure
This is who we are - https://www.redcarpetup.com/careers/ and https://www.instagram.com/redcarpetuplife/
Some of the press around what we are doing is here.
- http://tech.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/technology/yes-bank-taps-ai-to-directly-offer-small-loans-to-students/59484785- https://www.yesbank.in/media/press-releases/10-start-ups-graduate-from-yes-fintech,-yes-banks-business-accelerator-program-for-fintech-start-ups-
- https://youtu.be/xoZsNN9UGlQ?t=301 (Google Launchpad best startup feature)
- https://twitter.com/DIPPGOI/status/938345126526459905/photo/1 (showcased at GES innovation summit for the PMO)
- https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/newsbuzz/fintech-startup-redcarpet collaborates with-neostencil-to-provide-student-loan-for-premium-government-job-tuition-fee/articleshow/65245884.cms
What is the kind of work you can expect?
HIGHLY PREFERRED :
- Credit Bureau expertise on data formats, data quality, model implementation, Dispute management
- CIBIL, Experian, Equifax, CRIF
Support all credit bureau initiatives :
- customer analysis/resolution, Data quality reporting/remediation, Data validation, etc
- Creating risk models using bureau data and triggers
- Managing the execution of your proposals, from operational feasibility to monitoring results
- Partnering with our engineers, data scientists and designers to coordinate and prioritize tasks involving your analysis
- This is an ownership role. This is ideal for highly ambitious people looking for a jump in their career roles.
Important : For the next 12 months - we are open to this being a remote/WFH role
Interview process: Written 6-pager analytical interview.