Recruitment Team at RedBus
Views:4489 Applications:1444 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
redBus.in - Associate Director - Market Development (6-10 yrs)
About RedBus :
We are the World's largest bus ticketing platform. We have the largest network of bus operators and satisfied customers booking upto 250,000 transactions a day through mobile and desktop channels. With over 150,000+ live routes in multiple continents, we host the largest inventory of bus seats from private bus operators and state road transport corporations. We are a true Indian MNC with a global presence and operations across India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Peru, and Colombia.
redBus at its heart is about people. As the pioneer in our space, we are passionate about creating amazing experiences for passengers, partners, and our people. Energized by a great work environment, where talent is nurtured, innovation is celebrated and challenges are conquered, we journey towards creating fulfilling moments for everyone whose lives we touch. Always striking a balance between getting the job done, while also having fun along the way. So here is to be a Great Place to Work!
Purpose and impact :
At redBus our work fundamentally transforms the way people experience road journeys. Our focus has remained to make road transport more efficient and reliable through technology innovation and winning partnerships with all ecosystem players thereby delivering solutions that truly enrich the lives of our customers and partners. When it comes to intercity travel by road, we are the most important, the most valuable, and the most celebrated business in India with millions of customers and thousands of business owners counting on us. It is a privilege to work on extending this globally by making our products work in other markets and to impact even more people.
A few important metrics :
For FY 19-20 (Annual) :
Total Traveled Tickets - 78.58 million
Gross Bookings - USD 885 million
Market share of online bookings- - 78%
- India private bus operator market
Today, as we think beyond bus journeys we are guided by our vision to be innovative and stay true to our heritage of creating value for all players by targeting unsolved problems.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Manage a Business development team spread across 4-5 branch locations comprising of Market managers, Business development managers, and executives.
2. Work with the existing large base of Private bus operators and state run RTC's to increase the share of rebus's business
3. Proactively acquire Inventory to capitalize on the market opportunity and negotiate and finalize contracts with Bus Operator with an objective to drive revenue growth.
4. Work closely with the Product & Technology teams (both B2B and B2C) to identify and implement relevant product features and provide scalable solutions to both customers and operators.
5. Work with data analytics and marketing teams to identify customer demand patterns and align the inventory plan accordingly.
6. Track competitive landscape viz. GDS providers, OTA- s, etc. and develop a strong understanding of the bus operations and ticketing ecosystem in the region.
7. Successfully champion the execution of various programs such as - Dynamic pricing-, - Primo- etc., and promote participation from sellers (BO- s), thereby leading to further business growth.
8. Conceptualize and launch specific - On ground- activations in partnership with BO's to drive new user acquisitions growth.
9. Drive innovation with the objective of curating differentiated inventory for the platform.
Educational Qualification : MBA
Experience Minimum and Maximum :
- 6-10 years of experience with FMCG, Telecom, or e-commerce organizations handling Sales & Marketing, Business Development, or vendor management roles.
Key skills required for the role :
1. 6-10 years of experience with FMCG, Telecom, or e-commerce organizations handling Sales & Marketing, Business Development, or vendor management roles.
2. Should have handled a team size of 30+ spread across multiple geographies.
3. Past experience in Key account management.