Talent Acquisition Partner - South Asia at Reckitt Benckiser
Views:2688 Applications:425 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:300
Reckitt Benckiser - Regional Trade Marketing Manager - Health Business Unit - South (4-6 yrs)
Job Title : Regional Trade Marketing Manager - South
Reports to : Regional Manager - South
Location : Bangalore
The Trade Marketing Manager designs, implements and evaluates 4P activities within the region to achieve NR objectives, presence and placement objectives, within time frame, policy and budget parameters.
SCOPE / DIMENSIONS OF ROLE :
The role holder has constant interaction with the Marketing and the Sales team; markedly with the ZSMs, ASMs of the region and Key Accounts team. Externally s/he interacts with the Wholesalers, Distributors and the Key Accounts.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Co ordinate, monitor, and control effective and efficient usage of promotions and equitable allocations of budget across RSM areas.
- Ensure region remains within all allocated promotional budget.
- Negotiate with agencies and suppliers to get the best possible terms
- Implement the claim settlement policy as per guidelines. Ensure no claims from all DR's are procured and achieve customer satisfaction on this front.
- Sales analysis, key account management, test marketing
- Analyze reports (like KPI track etc.) and give qualitative & quantitative feedback to RSM/ ZSM/ RM for better business decisions.
- Co ordinate with RSM and central sales, to develop and compile market reports to monitor business.
- Monitor incentives for all players, and timely disbursements of all of the earnings
- Ensure timely procurement and distribution of all gifts
- Study Nielsen data and identify issues, within states by category and suggest ways to expand numeric and weighted distribution, share of shelf etc.
- Design, implement, negotiate and monitor all key account programs in the region with support from central sales team.
- Monitor the progress of all Test Marketing initiatives ongoing in this region.
- Track the test on all 4P parameters
- Analyze reports and suggest improvements to central sales and category on decision making for a national rollout.
Trade spends and trade promotions management
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation and utilization of promotions
- Co ordinate joint promotions and tie ups with other companies to make the most of funds available
- Determine promotion gift items, identify suppliers, negotiate terms, monitor delivery schedules, and ensure timely receipts
- Collect information and provide feedback on effectiveness and efficiency of trade promotions- STORM reporting, dashboards, PSI/PER ratios
- Develop and implement localized and customized self sustainable promotions in self service stores
Placement & Field force activation: -
- Co ordinate, allocate, monitor and maintain data on effective installation and utilization of visibility tools and other POP material, brochures, leaflets etc.
- Monitor key account display units and their maintenance
- Ensure visibility tools are displayed in all CFA- s/ RSM areas in the region in time and in proper shape
- Monitor and generate high levels of interest in all contests and activities, like sub DB incentives, Pilot and DBSR incentives to ensure maximum participation
- Provide feedback at regular intervals to the region and central sales on actual achievement vs. targets, highlighting specific achievements and build enthusiasm around all promotions and activations.
Competitors Activities, Coverage Distribution and Channel management
- Gather and report all competitor activities in consultation with RM/ ZSM evolve a strategy and implement in the region to offset competition
- Have the complete data of the region by number of towns POP strata wise, profile of towns, number of outlets- category wise and class wise
- Study and suggest corrective actions on territory organization at TSI level and area level for effective and efficient coverage
- Prepare detailed launch plans for NPD, assist RSM to prepare STORM plans, and BTL plans for the launch
- Monitor distribution build up during launch and all NPD launch reports, from field to central sales
- Set-up off take tracking panel at the local level to monitor off takes and track quick learning from the report
- Wholesale channel management- coverage, business, and activation
- Indirect distribution expansion activities through activating wholesale and sub DB and town wholesalers
Reporting & Administration
- Ensure active and timely reporting from field and region, meeting all reporting schedules at HO
- Rollout the communication letter to the RSM's after value adding to cater to the region's requirements
- Develop the communication package for rollout of month initiatives from RSM to TSI level
The challenge for the role holder is to negotiate with the agencies and suppliers to get the best possible terms. S/he is also supposed to ensure the timely and accurate reporting from field and regions. It is also required that the wholesale channel is managed properly which would include the coverage, business and activation. The role holder should be alert about the market developments that are unique to his/her region.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
- Qualification- MBA (Sales and Marketing)
- Strong knowledge of field sales and trade marketing
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Ability to interface well
- Broader vision, can look ahead and forecast well
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
- Creative and innovative in designing schemes
- Sound commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Clear understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
- Knowledge of regional language