Talent Acquisition Partner - South Asia at Reckitt Benckiser
Views:8995 Applications:1566 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1401
Reckitt Benckiser - Brand Manager (4-5 yrs)
The Brand Manager is responsible for the development of assigned brand/s through the achievement of specific growth objectives. The role requires from the holder to develop a brand vision, plan the market strategy for the brand, and implement any brand plans for the organization that can be executed along with the Marketing lead. S/he is responsible for the overall performance of the brand.
The Brand Manager reports and supports the Marketing Manager. S/he plays a key role in supporting the development of the overall category strategy. S/he interacts, internally, with the Sales, Supply and Finance functions. Externally, the role holder interacts with the Advertising, Media Research and Design agencies.
1. To develop, recommend and lead the execution of local marketing plans for assigned brand/s and manage the effective deployment of the marketing budget
- Develop the plans/strategy of the brand (1 year operational plan and 3 year strategic plan)
- Implementation of brand plans
- Lead the development of local strategy, executions and to ensure adaptation possible for other regions
- Ensure timely implementation of the brand activity calendar - including launch time, Consumer Promotions/POP's etc.
- Identify and draw up any corrective action required on the brand through share review/brand health researches.
- Approve Media Plans/Calendar with the co-ordination of the Media Manager
- Ensure maintenance of the brand budget
- Maintain a brand fact book (Financials/M.S/Plans year wise)
- Implement brand Plans in both trade environments: traditional and modern trade
- Work with the Key Account management to develop and implement innovative brand plans including but not limited to planograms, consumer promotions, new product introductions etc.
- Identify trade needs/opportunities, developing pricing and distribution strategies and trade promotions for assigned brands in close co-operation with the Sales function and Trade Marketing.
- Constantly scan the market place/consumers with a view to understand trends and implication on the brand.
- Maintain and update competition dossiers with respect to spends/cost benchmarks etc.
2. Advertising, Media and Promotion:
- From brief stage to getting approvals for the brief to deploying it to the agency and getting film/script
- Identify and deploy any other communication needs for the brand identified - PR/Trade/HCP etc
- Draw up and deploy the Product Development brief in conjunction with Category (Global), Supply, Sales and Finance functions.
- Regularly survey and understand consumer, market environment to understand trends capture ideas and develop concepts which lead to product development.
- Coordinate with global category on brand learnings, new projects, market understanding
- Ensure timely and within cost development of products as per the brief
- Ensure successful Launch to sales and in field launch (including providing support to the launch in terms of POS, Advertising etc.)
4. Identify and implement profit enhancing ideas on the brand
- To manage a brand within the context of the agreed strategies to maximize long term Sales and profitability
5. To initiate and manage market research projects to deliver powerful consumer and customer insights as the basis for long term brand growth. Develop these insights into achievable plans
The key challenge that lies here for the role holder is to respond promptly to the need to innovate and build brand value for consumers at a global and local level. To deliver both top line and bottom line growth for the brand.
- MBA in Sales / Marketing
- Preferably 4-5 Years of relevant experience for a brand Manager role, must be able to demonstrate outstanding marketing skills and potential, developed within an FMCG environment
- Thorough knowledge of the sales & marketing process and has a strong commercial awareness
- Track record of delivery, goal-oriented, sets clear priorities and meets deadlines
- Positive, initiative driven and motivating influence, sets good examples, is a natural leader
- Result oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Good planning and organisational ability
- Strong commercial awareness with an international outlook
- Ambitious and flexible.
- High level of communication ability and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills: ability to define problems, collect details data, analyze and interpret results and recommend changes and improvements
- Good financial skills and P&L understanding
- Ability to understand and work within the framework of the overall company strategy and also relevant customer insights.
- Resilient and able to perform under pressure