Talent Acquisition Partner - South Asia at Reckitt Benckiser
Views:5998 Applications:1840 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:747
Reckitt Benckiser - Assistant Manager - Procurement (3-5 yrs)
The Assistant Manager PM Procurement is responsible for Procurement/Contract of Packaging Materials on a timely basis and as per planned requirements to ensure the production in all the manufacturing units ( In house or Copack) are supported. The person needs to have knowledge and understanding on the basic Feedstock of Packaging Materials.
SCOPE / DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
Within the organization the role holder interacts closely with the Manufacturing, R&D / HME / M&E, Packaging Development and Quality teams. S/he works with the Finance function for costing purposes and with the Product development / Marketing function for the coordination of new products. In certain cases s/he needs to work with Legal and Regulatory function as well. Externally the role holder interacts with the vendors, sometimes with some Govt. authorities and packaging testing units/consultants.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deep knowledge of Commodities and Feedstock
- Responsible for tracking commodity markets and gather information of supply & demand and price determining factors.
- Responsible for forecasting price trends and decide right time to buy.
- Responsible for development, leading and executing procurement strategies and negotiation of contracts to maximize the benefit to organization.
- Perform cost benefit analysis and benchmarking of the market and competition to find cost saving opportunities.
- Basic knowledge on different processes and techniques of manufacturing packaging materials
- Ensure close monitoring of vendor performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Take the lead in identifying new, more reliable and / or lower cost sources of supply.
- Assist product development teams to identify product innovation possibilities and ensuring timely support to new product developments.
- Responsible for coordinating with vendors and factory team to facilitate timely deliveries of Packing Materials to factory.
- Responsible for resolution of all issues related to packing material quality, specifications, revalidations, damages/losses and commercial issues related to packing materials vendors.
- Assist factories in efficient management of inventories and drive lead time reduction projects like JIT.
- Assist finance team in working capital management by negotiating payment terms with vendors
Systems & Process
- Comply with laid down systems and processes of RB and Procurement function and set-up new systems & fine tune existing one to meet requirements of the business.
- Function as a team player to implement end-to-end solutions across the supply chain, including interactions with the demand planning, manufacturing, logistics, R&D and vendors & other external agencies.
- Generation of appropriate MIS and analytics on a regular basis to support performance management systems.
- Responsible for identifying and driving projects on lead time reductions, process improvement and quality compliance.
The challenge for the role holder is to identify cost saving opportunities through E-auction, forward contracts, alternate development, specification change etc and ensuring the contracts are properly negotiated and finalized.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
- Qualification: MBA (Operations Management), Engineering Degree/ Other equivalent Graduation or Post Graduation Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement function in a FMCG / related organization
- Project management expertise and experience fields like supplier processes.
- Achievement focused and able to work in a direct and often pressurized environment.
- Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving
- Positive attitude, Proactive, Perseverance, tough-mindedness and ability to influence
- Demonstrates strong team working abilities and commitment
- Commercial awareness Understands the impact of Supply decisions on business profitability
- Commitment and Strong track record of delivery
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to challenge status quo.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.