Talent Acquisition at Reckitt Benckiser
Views:2191 Applications:585 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Reckitt Benckiser - Area Sales Manager - General Trade (2-3 yrs)
The Area Sales Manager reports to the Zonal Sales Manager and heads the Sales team in the zone. The role holder interacts continuously with the Marketing, Trade Marketing, Key Account, Finance and Supply team. Externally the role holder interacts with the distributors, wholesalers, retailers, stockholders and third party contractors.
- Achieve monthly primary and secondary value sales target of the area for the entire product range
- Implementing the company's credit policy
- Forecast requirements of TSIs- basic growth/ geographical areas and ensure timely recruitment in accordance with the company policy and maintain full strength of TSI/ DBSR at all times in the area.
- Ensure that the new TSIs are properly inducted into the systems as per the laid guidelines.
- Ensure and conduct effective communication meetings, adhere to market contact norm (50% of available maydays), train TSIs, DBSRs, communicate company policies and other relevant information and build enthusiasm.
- Maintain open communication with TSIs and ensure building & maintaining of enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Set annual targets for all SOs, TSIs and distributors for each product on the basis of trends and seasonality and communicate to them appropriately.
- Supervise, train and motivate his/her team of SOs and TSIs to implement plans as per agreed levels and set up systems to monitor implementation and give appropriate feedback.
- Appraise periodically the performance of each TSI against set standards of performance. Identify areas of strength and improvement, develop & implement training plans in consultation with Sales Training Manager, HR and ZSM. Recommend timely confirmation, increments and rewards etc.
- Carry out timely disciplinary measures and separation procedures, as appropriate and within the company guidelines.
- Plan town wise coverage basis their population, profile, number of outlets, business potentials etc.
- Ensure proper planning of area coverage plans & PJP- s, their implementation of systematic coverage of the territory. Evaluate & modify the same at regular intervals keeping in mind the business growth, outlet expansion, and required coverage frequency & cost-effectiveness.
- Identify gaps in coverage and develop appropriate plans to plug those gaps
- Drive implementation of coverage plan by all team members through communication, monitoring and feedback
Direct and Indirect Presence & Placement
- Prepare distribution targets for all brands for all TSIs and communicate these to all SOs. Ensure that TSI sets these targets for all his distributors and communicates it to them.
- Train TSIs and DBSRs on driving distribution growths as per the plan, identify obstacles and develops innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Manage, activate and drive the business in wholesale, maintaining a strict control on wholesale rates. Ensure proper coverage of all wholesalers by TSIs/DBSRs as per the coverage plan. Maintain adequate contacts in the wholesale markets to ensure their involvement.
- Train field force and motivate the TSIs to enhance visibility in wholesale markets to drive indirect distribution.
- Consciously drives range selling to ensure distribution continues to grow as per the plan.
- Trains & motivates SOs, and TSIs to maximize shelf space for the products as per the given objectives
- Monitors and tracks the distribution and visibility monitor to ensure growths as per plans.
Distributor/ Super Stockist Management
- Through TSIs appointment, train, develop and retain distributors and their representatives in the territory to ensure that their contribution to the business is as per targets/ plan
- Negotiate after necessary approvals, with distributors for services and investment in stock levels and market credits.
- Evaluate at regular intervals the services rendered, coverage and distribution gains, and financial status of the distributor
- Develop systems to ensure timely settlements of distributor claims, timely delivery of stocks, and ensure proper service to the distributor to his satisfaction
- Monitor constantly stock, sales and market credit of distributors/ super stockists and take corrective actions if and as required, to ensure that the business is healthy
- Ensure the super stockists are providing timely service to his distributors and are covering them at the right frequency so that the total business potential in the sub DB towns is fully realized.
- Understand all competitive companies and their products, their strengths and weaknesses and ensure that all SOs and TSIs also understand the same
- Monitor competitive activities in the market place and assess their impact on our business. Develop in consultations with ZSM appropriate plans immediately to counter such activities to minimize the impact on our business
- Develop a culture within the team that fosters competitive spirit, and drives them to continuously gain share of shop, share of shelf space etc. vis-vis competition.
- Maintain contact with ZSM/ RM on a regular basis
- Monitor utilization of trade spends, and evaluates their effectiveness. Ensure that they are within budgets
- Meet all deadlines of reporting schedules to ZSM/ RM and ensure they are timely and accurate
- Organize timely preparation, submission and settlement of all distributor claims/ trade schemes/ damage stocks/ shortages/ final settlement etc. Ensure proper verification of all claims as per company policies.
- Forecast brand wise/ SKU wise sales within accuracy norms every month on a rolling basis for three months so as to ensure optimum stocks at the CFAs
- Study historical trends and impact of different inputs to accurately forecast SKU wise business for the next month.
The role holder supervises, trains and motivates his team of SOs and TSIs to implement plans as per agreed levels, and set up systems to monitor implementation and give appropriate feedback. Planning town wise coverage on the basis of their population, profile, number of outlets, business potential etc; and forecasting brand wise/ stock wise every month with respect to each SKU. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
- Qualification- MBA (Sales and Marketing)
- 2-3 years of strong experience in an FMCG environment