Senior Manager HR at Rebel Foods
Views:201 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Rebel Foods - Senior Product Manager - EatSure Marketplace (4-10 yrs)
Senior Product Manager - Eatsure Marketplace
Sr. Product Manager - EatSure
- World's leading consumer companies are all internet / technology / new age companies - Amazon (retail), Airbnb / Oyo (Hospitality), Priceline (travel), Netflix / Spotify (Entertainment). The only sector, where traditional companies are still the largest ones is restaurants. McDonald's market cap is 130 BN USD. With Food Delivery growing exponentially worldwide, there is an opportunity to build the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. We have the formula to be that company. Today, we can safely say we are the world's largest delivery only / internet restaurant company, and by a wide margin.
- At 2200+ individual internet restaurants, in 30 + Indian cities, 3 in UAE, 17 + in Indonesia and 2 in the UK and expanding further, we have indeed come a long way. It's still Day 1, but we know we are onto something very, very big. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change a 500-year-old industry. For more detail on how we are changing the restaurant industry from the core, using the power of the internet, please refer below. It's important reading if you want to know our company better and really explore working with us:
- Eatsure evolved from the fact that gone are the times when people were pretty okay about ordering food from any restaurant without being worried about who cooked their food, what processes were followed, what went in the food they are relishing. Also gimmicks don- t work anymore - where you end up seeing a safety restaurant tag on every other restaurant (from a shady poorly managed restaurant to one of the best restaurants in the vicinity) across food ordering platforms. The 4Ps of the food world stand for Product (if you are what you eat, why put chemicals, flavors or preservatives in your body), People (while you know it's not your dad/mom who is cooking, but you at least expect a healthy chef cooking your dish), Processes (everyone says they are best in the industry, but are they HACCP certified?) and
- Packaging (you really don't want the bike to stop before delivering to you to allow someone to fiddle around with your food). Eatsure as a philosophy stands for assured goodness and what it does is to ensure whatever is served to you is best-in-class across the 4Ps.
- While that becomes the heart of the platform, the brain pushes to explore territories that have never been ventured by any food platform across the world. With the power of the Rebel Operating System, Eatsure platform is geared to give this one thing to the end user which will redefine the rules of the game, the word there is - Control Think of a platform that gets you - All things food with a lens of assured goodness and power of control to the consumer. With the power of rebel OS, the user can pretty much control real time as to what should go inside his/her dish, can view from where the ingredients are sourced, can view how the food is being prepared, can define the delivery experience and the list goes on (lot of secret work still under wraps), only because we just don't control logistics but food (farm to fork in the truest sense).
- The platform also gets fueled with the power to launch exclusive content, great (PM fit) rare to find concepts across the 300+ locations, 40+cities across the globe in no time. With Eatsure we are going to leverage and maximize the true potential of what we have built over the years, and are set to cause the next Big movement in the space of food.
Read more about exclusive content creation here:
About the role :
- If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat. Just get on.- - Sheryl Sandberg.
- This role - is an opportunity to be instrumental in building a consumer platform which has the potential to completely redefine our relationship with food. The way we order. The way we cook. And most importantly - the way we think about food and control that experience.
Firstly, you should ask yourself these questions :
- Do you question the user interfaces of current food-ordering platforms?
- Do you see the obvious pain points in cooking a dish from a YouTube video?
- Do you feel that food ordering has become more about discounts & less about food itself?
- Do you wonder why Alexa can't order your favourite dish?
- Do you wish that an app would understand your food preferences just like the way you mom does?
- If the above questions seem alien to you - reading the rest of this document would be a waste of your time. Alternatively, if the questions rekindle your subconscious - you are in the right place !
- As a Product Manager, you will be expected to do what a product manager generally does (or at least thinks she does)
- Product strategy & planning
- User research & insights
- Product research & documentation
- Defining user journeys & user stories
But you'll also be (what a product manager actually does):
- Pushing the designer for the nth iteration
- Debating with developer on why the feature is important
- Irritating the QA spoc to get the bug solved & checked
- Befriending DevOps for timely deployments
- Saying no to feature requirements from business (or rather anyone) which negatively impact the user experience
Preferred Experience & Attributes :
We would like you to have 4+ years of experience working as a product manager - building & scaling B2C platforms. But, more than anything else, you MUST be obsessed with customer first thinking & MUST have a growth mindset which strives for 100% ownership in everything you do (You should be able to demonstrate these qualities - both in your application & in your interactions with us).
Other attributes we strongly prefer :
- Strong analytical & reasoning skills (you should be able to drill down a funnel drop in Clevertap to a change in the storefront or a marketing campaign launched or an API failure)
- Strong oral & written communication skills (you should be able to make & communicate quarterly product roadmaps as effectively as a JIRA ticket which guides the developer & QA on how the add button should behave on the app)
The Rebel Culture :
Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company.
Please go through it before you make your mind up. It's not everyone's cup of tea.
If you find this interesting, we should connect. Please apply with answers to the following questions in resume/cover letter.
1. Why do you want to join Rebel Foods?
2. What makes you the right person for this role?
3. One example of where you created something unique through Customer First Thinking