HR at Rebel Foods
Views:332 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Rebel Foods - Manager Central Kitchen Operations (8-10 yrs)
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been build on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model.
While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
The Central Kitchen Operations Manager will oversee end-to-end Manufacturing Operations and ensure Compliance of the Pune Based Food Manufacturing Facility (Hot-Kitchen and Cold Storage Operations) of Rebel Foods. The Candidate should have minimum 8 Years of Experience in Managing a Food Production Unit (Factory) with a Team of minimum 50 Employees and have strong influencing skills to manage Vendors, Suppliers, Contractors, Shop-floor Manpower, Production Operations, Local Government Authorities, Quality, FSSAI and FDA Inspectors, Security and other Local Bodies.
Should have strong experience in managing end to end Operations of a Food Production Factory with a monthly Production Capacity of 50 Tons or more. Preferable experience in Indian Food Production / Hot Kitchen and Meat Processing and Manufacturing Plant.
Key Responsibilities :
Sourcing and Vendor Management :
Involved in Sourcing Raw Material Procurement of Vegetables, Meat (Chicken, Mutton), Curd, Spices and Packaging Material (Labels and Cartons) and Printing Material and negotiation of prices with respective vendors. Ensuring all Purchase Orders are shared with Vendors on Time through the SAP System and Goods are checked and received with proper record keeping of all goods received, processed, consumed, dispatched and discarded.
Stores and Material Management :
Ensure Proper Recording of Material flow (Inward, Consumption, Outward and Wastage) Adhere to FIFO / FEFO, Warehouse Management, Store In-ward and Outward Register Management with Security Team. Proper Record keeping to ensure zero wastage and material variance.
Manpower Management and Production / Floor Management :
Should be a strong leader capable of handling both Male and Female Staff and manage a workforce of more than 50 People involved in Food Production Operations.
Food Safety / QA / FSSAI / HACCP:
Should be capable of Managing all ShopFloor Staff involved in Chopping, Grinding Spices, Washing, Cleaning, Cooking, Packaging, Storage, Material Handling, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Security.
Production and Plant Efficiency:
Should have strong Computer Skills and Analytical Skills to Analyse and Improve Plan Productivity. Will be required to analyse and improve :
- Plant Production Efficiency
- Calculate and Report Thawing Loss for Every Batch Produced
- Calculate and Report Electricity and Water Consumption / Ton of Material Produced - Identify Methods to improve Production Efficiency by Proper Manpower and Equipment Utilization
- Identify and Rectify and Process Gaps
- Identify and Improve Production Efficiency and Yield to bring down TOTAL COST OF PRODUCTION
Finance, MIS and Reporting :
Will be in-charge on Compiling and Tracking all MIS related to Plant Productivity and Operational Metrics and Direct Reporting to Head Office. Some Key Reports Include :
- Maintaining Purchase and Sale Register of Raw Material and Finished Goods - Maintaining Track of Proper PO and GRN of Goods at the time of receipt
- Ensuring all Vendor Payments are streamlined and there are no overdue payments at the end of every month.
- Ensuring Credit Notes or Settlements for Damaged Goods are settled within 14 Days of Stock Receipt.
- Ensuring there is no material variance and be fully accountable for any Material Loss to both Internal and External Auditors
- Should be able to review all Weekly and Monthly Reports shared by Finance Team and Audit Team and work together with Finance and Audit to close any gaps in Audit
Computer Skills :
- Should be very proficient in using MS Excel, Outlook, Word and Emails.
- Prior Knowledge of working on SAP and ERP is beneficial.
- Should be able to use Computers and MS Excel To prepare Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports
- Will need to place Purchase Orders and take GRN of Goods and Inventory on SAP
- Will need to run assembly of RM to FG (Finished Goods) on SAP
Reporting and MIS :
Will be in-charge of making daily production reports and stock keeping reports to calculate
- Total Facility Operating Costs (Utilities, Raw Material, Operations)
- Total Production Output
Key Skills :
- Food Production and Hot Kitchen Operations
Experience in an ISO22000 Certified Plant will be an added advantage.
- Food Production Knowledge Essential - Meat and Vegetable Gravy Production Knowledge is an added advantage.
The Rebel Culture:
Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company. Please go through it before you make your mind up. It's not everyone's cup of tea.