Rebel Foods - Head - Human Resource - Center Of People Excellence (10-15 yrs)
About Rebel Foods
Worlds leading consumer companies are all technology / new age companies - Amazon (retail), Airbnb (hospitality), Uber (mobility), Netflix/Spotify (entertainment). The only sector, where traditional companies are still the largest ones is restaurants. McDonalds market cap is 130 BN USD. With Food Delivery growing exponentially worldwide, there is an opportunity to build the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. We have the formula to be that company. Today, we can safely say we are the world's largest delivery only / internet restaurant company, and by a wide margin. At 4000 + individual internet restaurants, in 400+ cloud kitchens across 7 countries - India, UAE, Indonesia UK, Malaysia,Singapore, Bangladesh and expanding further, we have indeed come a long way. Its still Day 1, but we know we are onto something very, very big. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change a 500-year-old industry. For more detail on how we are changing the restaurant industry from the core, using the power of the internet, please refer below.
Its important reading if you want to know our company better and really explore working with us:
https://medium.com/@jaydeep_barman/how-to-build- 1000-restaurants-in-24-months-the-rebel-method- cb5b0cea4dc8
About the Role
First the basic details.
We call the role as the Head of Center of People Excellence
And this role Reports into the Chief People Office
Why do we want to hire a Head for the Center of People Excellence?
First About Culture at Rebel Foods
Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company. Please go through it before you make your mind up. Its not everyone's cup of tea. But its dessert for a few. If you have doubts do also look at our Glassdoor Ratings and compare it with any tech start up in India today.
(paste the above URL on your browser to play the slides)
About the People Org at Rebel Foods
Caring for and growing People has been one of the core values at Rebel Foods. The People Org (we call our HR function that way!) has been hugely instrumental in driving this culture and belief at every stage of employee life cycle management from hiring to exit. While our People partners work very closely with the respective Business Units to deliver on the People Goals, we now also looking at building a Centre of Excellence within the People Function.
About COPE (Centre of People Excellence)
If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat. Just get on Sheryl Sandberg.
Just imagine a function being built from scratch within a start-up and you are the entrepreneur building the foundational footprints and the long-term vision of this function. With full empowerment to navigate the rocket ship in the way it needs to be directed.
While our Partner teams work with their Business Counterparts on day to day hiring, policy execution tasks, the newly formed COPE function will be a Design & Deploy function. The overall charter of this function will be to design and deploy transparent, meritocratic and employee first processes and policies across every stage of employee life cycle.
COPE will broadly be looking at
- Creating and Rolling out Progressive and Transparent Employee Policies across all touch points (e.g. Employee Leaves, Engagement, ETHICs, POSH, ESOP Grants etc)
- Creating and Rolling out a Roadmap for Strategic Talent Management (define job families, competency mapping, create career highways, effective performance management systems, effective learning and development systems)
- Managing Talent Density within the Org (identification and mapping of hi potential talent and hot roles, career acceleration for hi potential talent, succession planning roadmap and career resurrection plans for relevant talent)
We are looking out for someone who can come onboard to play this very critical and collaborative role.
Following is what we are looking for: -
- People Empathy and Helpfulness are at the core of this function so if you are not someone who is obsessed with making the lives and contributions of your employees better every day each day, then this is not for you.
- You should have at least 10-12 years of deep domain experience in planning and executing HR best practices in middle to mature level firms.
- As a growing organization we are into a stage where we are adopting automation, hence experience in system automation would be preferred. First principle thinking, self-starter and hustling attitudes have proven to be the magic potions for anyone to do well at Rebel. The ability to influence the entire organization constructively in order to make things happen will be an added advantage.
If you find the above interesting, we should meet. Or should we say e-meet.
Please reach out to us with answers to the following questions.
1. Why do you want to join Rebel Foods?
2. What makes you the right person for this role?