Consultant at Avimukta
Views:3119 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Real Estate Lawyer - Asset Reconstruction Firm (1-10 yrs)
Our client is an Asset Reconstruction Company based in Bengaluru. They have recently obtained their license to operate as an ARC from the Reserve Bank of India. Currently having a workforce of 8-10 employees, they are looking at building their legal team which could potentially comprise of 4-5 people
Job Location: Bangalore
Work Experience: 1-10+ years
- Candidate must have relevant experience in Real estate, Banking & Finance, Civil Litigation, and DRT)
- Candidates from the National Law Schools are preferred but not compulsory
- Candidates currently residing in/ or looking to relocate to Bangalore
- Should be abreast with the latest legal developments and rulings, especially in the real estate sector.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written. Drafting skills of a high order is a key expectation
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide day-to-day legal support on routine matters as part of the global commercial legal, procurement legal and real estate legal teams of Company.
- Work closely and effectively with business teams, and other user functions to provide them legal support and assist them in finalizing routine legal documents like non-disclosure/ confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, novation agreements, extensions and renewals, name change, reorganization/restructuring documents, amendments to contracts, etc. with third parties.
- Work with legal operations team to manage legal templates.
- Utilize expert knowledge of Indian Contract Act, Arbitration Act, Transfer of Property Act, RERA & other applicable real estate laws; be abreast with latest developments in the legal field.
- Liaising with various Departments in the organization and documenting all requirements
- Drafting high quality and incisive plaints, written statements, affidavits, POAs, rejoinders, writ petitions, applications, representations, legal notices, etc.
- Represent the company before various regulatory authorities/ Courts of law for resolution of any legal issues, as required
- Explore, evaluate and manage out of court settlements in coordination with relevant business leadership.
- Collating correspondence and other relevant contracts/documents from and oversee the preparation of litigation files meticulously.