Senior Manager - HR & OD at Reach to Teach
Views:256 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Reach To Teach - Manager - Research & Analytics (6-8 yrs)
About Reach to Teach:
Reach To Teach is an education charity committed to improving the quality of teaching and learning outcomes in Government primary schools in India. Reach to Teach works in partnership with state governments and other organisations to bring about systemic changes in education and to improve the quality of teaching and learning outcomes amongst children with an emphasis on foundational learning and numeracy, higher order thinking skills and the use of technology.
The guiding principle underpinning all its programmes is that the whole education system and all roles within it should be considered from the perspective of how they can optimally support the learning needs, and overcome the learning challenges, of children. We believe that every child can learn, and that a strong foundational education maximises their chances of future success.
Over the last two years, Reach To Teach has expanded its activities from working at the community and school level in rural areas of Gujarat to partnering with state governments across the country on various high priority initiatives aimed at the overall objective of improving the quality of education.
For more information, please visit our website - http://reach-to-teach.org/
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning(MEL) team supports Reach to Teach (RTT) with the design, planning and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting frameworks which will be embedded in programmes. Working closely with the education and programme teams and drawing on international best practices, the team is responsible for standard operating procedures, risk mitigation strategies, and tools and templates for programme tracking and assessment. The team is accountable for assuring quality and coherence of processes and outcomes of programmes across RTT.
The key purpose of the job is to support Director - MEL to develop RTT into a learning organisation in which MEL becomes a key element of all programs implemented by RTT. The Manager - Research and Analytics will be responsible for research studies, surveys and analysing data from the field to inform and build programmatic intelligence.
The position will report to Director - MEL
- Clean, manage and analyse large datasets, such as administrative data, program monitoring data, and secondary data sources to support program evaluations and program
- Conduct quantitative analyses of survey data, including sample weighting, generation of descriptive and inferential statistics, regression analyses, etc.
- Setup and streamline data collection process using digital collection tools such as KoBo, Google Forms, etc.
- Synthesize literature on topics pertaining to education and prepare knowledge reports/documents.
- Develop dashboards, reports, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Present data in meaningful ways through charts, maps and infographics.
- Setup and manage concurrent monitoring systems for organization as well as state-governments
- Manage diverse stakeholder groups, and collaborate effectively to ensure project delivery
- Generate research outputs, including insights and impact studies, to verify and deliberate program & organisation's Theory of Change
- Design and manage short case studies, longer evaluations and research studies, requiring different qualitative and quantitative methods
- Promote and embody RTT's culture of openness, innovation, involvement, teamwork and performance.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and be a role model for RTT values and behaviours.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics/ Statistics / Demography / Social Sciences / other relevant discipline or MBA.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience working with organizing, structuring, cleaning, and extracting insights from large data sets from multiple sources.
- Strong programming skills in R, python
- Knowledge of ODK coding (desirable)
- Knowledge of SQL, QGIS and data presentation tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau) - (desirable)
- Ability to summarize literature and synthesize key facts from vast number of documents.
- Experience in participating in a research study with a significant field component, and/or development of M&E framework for a program.
- Experience in designing survey questionnaire, familiar with best practices in questionnaire development
- Critical and logical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication on technical ideas for a range of audiences
- High social intelligence: able to engage and lead teams and persuade people, able to create relationships of trust with stakeholders; generate positivity; natural team player
- Big picture view: able to develop the overarching framework of impact for the organisation as well as individual programmes.
- Critical thinker: able to think clearly and rationally, able to understand the logical connection between ideas
- Conflict negotiation: comfortable with negotiating and diffusing conflict; seeking clarity and testing assumptions
- Agility: able to successfully manage different work streams with different delivery dates and stakeholders
- Resilient: able to deal well with ambiguity, uncertainty and change
- Communication: able to articulate and communicate well to all stakeholders (both verbally and in writing) in a manner that meets the different needs of different audiences
- Fluency in English and Hindi
Interested Candidates: Please apply with your latest curriculum vitae, a covering letter, and a sample of recent work by EOD 5th June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection process would require submission of a written assignment before the interview process.
RTT is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusiveness.