Recruiter at Royal Bank of Scotland
Views:1185 Applications:183 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
RBS - Associate - SAS Model Risk Reporting (3-6 yrs)
Responsible for supporting the Model Risk Framework ( quantitative models) to meet regulatory requirements and internal policy standards on design, sourcing, cleansing, maintaining, reporting and identification and assessment of model risks to ensure model risk remains within the bank's risk appetite.
What the Business Does :
The Role is in Model Risk Governance and reports to Associate Vice President - People & Performance
Your Responsibilities :
As Associate, Risk Hub India your key responsibilities will be:
- Creation and management of all visual analytics reporting suite in SAS MRM system. This includes but is not limited to:
- Create, update and maintain/run regular and ad-hoc model risk reports in Visual Analytics tool
- Create, update and maintain bespoke data tables using ProcSQL
- Establish a quality assurance and quality control process for the SAS MRM Visual Analytics tool
- Provide reporting and metrics used for monitoring model risk for communicating to both internal and external audiences
- Educate key stakeholders through training and effectively respond to end user queries.
- Directly supporting the wider UK Model Risk team with the production of information, papers and presentations for Regulators, Senior Management, Internal Auditors and External Auditors.
- Key relationships and interactions: Communicates with Head of Model Risk, Head of Model Risk Strategy, Model Risk Team Leaders, Managing Director (Risk Hub India), model owners and developers, users- representatives, auditors etc..
- Actively consider the inherent, material risks of the bank. Analyse the risk profile and seek confirmation that the risks are being appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated to the desirable level (Risk Appetite). Establish and deploy robust risk and control frameworks which meet the strategic needs of the bank, including communication, training and awareness.
- Provide expert support and advice to stakeholders on risk management; this includes interpreting and complying with risk policies and related standards. Conduct suitable assurance to ensure 1st line compliance with policies/responsibilities. Provide senior executive with relevant management information and reports. Escalate concerns where appropriate.
The skills you will need :
- 2+ years experience in a global financial institution.
- Experience in communicating with UK based management, and of developing constructive relationships with a range of different internal and external stakeholder; especially, translating requirements into technical specifications and ability to document business requirements with the intention of turning them into functional specifications
- Technical proficiency with business intelligence tools, preferably SAS Visual Analytics/Enterprise Guide
- Advanced data analysis using SAS LASR tables and ProcSQL
- Ability to understand and resolve complex business problems through analytics
- Good XML skills
- Some basic database knowledge and knowledge of linux (for running command line scripts)
- Experience with SAS products: especially SAS Management Console, SQL and/or Proc SQL (Visual Analytics)
- Experience of software development lifecycle
- Experience in Model Risk Management and the management of model risk in an integrated IT solution
- Broad experience of the range of model types covered by the team.
Other: HTML/CSS (can help with screen definitions) and groovy/java (for writing custom functions)
- RBS doesn't just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services, and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities. Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
- At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service, and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal. With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers. RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.