Senior HR Business Partner at Razor Group
Views:300 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Razor Group - Senior Manager - Inventory Accounting (8-10 yrs)
We are on a mission to build an innovative house of brands. What started as a strategy to acquire highly profitable Amazon FBA assets and scale on a global level, has now made Razor Group one of Europe's leading e-commerce consumer goods companies.
Our Accounting team requires a talented Inventory Accounting Manager who has experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 5 or more years. This position will also be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to influence the design of systems, processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities. Technical accounting research and position paper writing will also be a requirement for this position.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Coordinate the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of period end close activities for inventory and related inventory reserves, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards in accordance with reporting deadlines.
2. Manage end-to-end inventory processes and provide analysis of company performance by collecting, interpreting, and presenting key reports to management
3. Oversees company cycle count program
4. Lead efforts to report, manage & dispose of excess & obsolete inventory.
5. Support annually the standard cost update; confirm all costs are updated in ERP system
6. Assist in developing material standards and overhead rates for standard cost system
7. Collaborate with FP&A, Accounts Payable, Production, Operations, and Logistics departments to ensure accurate recording of inventory and related expenses
8. Monitor inventory accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
9. Assist with the financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements to ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles
10. Provide supervision and guidance to assigned staff with day-to-day operations, complex and technical inventory accounting tasks and issues, as well as personal and professional growth
11. Assist in establishing departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
12. Assess workloads and provide recommendations to maximize efficiencies between your staff.
13. Perform other ad hoc duties as requested
- 8+ years of accounting or a related analytical field experience
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting close process, IFRS and consolidation
- Outstanding project management abilities and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to write and document complex accounting memos.
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Speak English fluently. Any other language would be considered as an asset.
- MBA, or CPA
- Knowledge of HGB/UK GAAP
- Knowledge of internal control framework (specifically COSO) to assess control design and operational efficiency.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up.
- Big 4 public accounting experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Experience in global e-commerce or related industry
- Strong knowledge of NetSuite
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges.
- Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies
- Aptitude for leading teams, influencing, and galvanizing others to follow you towards a solution.
- Excellent analytical skills
About Razor Group
Today Razor Group is one of Germany's fastest growing and most profitable unicorns. By partnering with winning e-commerce merchants to onboard, optimize, and operate successful brands, we are on our way to revolutionize the e-commerce world. Since our founding in 2020, we have reached over $1 billion in value with the backing of top investors like Black Rock, VPC, and 468. In addition to that we have integrated over 200 top-rated brands into our operating platform across the globe. With our HQ in Berlin, we also have a presence in Austin, London, Madrid, Shenzhen, New Delhi, and Bangalore.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.