Rattanindia Finance - Legal Head - Power Business - LLB (20-25 yrs)
- Handling all aspects of the corporate legal function which include implementing legal standards processes, systems, effective policies ensure legal compliance legal due-diligence, drafting, vetting, negotiation, finalization. Regulatory Affairs, Investor Relation, Governance-Risk-Compliance, Public Policy, Corporate Social Responsibility, Crisis Management, Privacy, Regulatory Examinations, Vigilance and Inspections, Government Investigations & Corporate Security
- Ensure legal compliance in the organization thereby facilitating good corporate governance and protecting Company's interest in litigation and documentation.
- Provides legal advice and guidance to the Chairman and CEO, Board, Head of departments to help formulate Authority-wide, consistent and cogent positions on regulatory and administrative interpretations and legal strategies
- Regularly updating oneself on laws related to the company businesses and sharing with stake holders appropriate future-looking compliance measures
- Devise and implement legal standards, processes, systems, effective policies and procedures that ensures that legal risks are managed appropriately within the business.
- Play active role with respect to government relations activities in organizations like PFC, MERC, RBI, SEBI, IRDA; development of relations and other strategies key to success of the Company's business.
- Deciding the approach and strategy for litigations - whether to defend or to go to court, reassessing the situation with the progress of the case
- Ensuring adequate protection for the organization by advising on various laws and dealing with litigations
- Coordinate and work closely with external counsels, wherever necessary, on legal advisory, intellectual property, arbitration, litigation/consumer matters and ensure efficient and effective handling of disputes
- Responsible for appearing before various Courts (High Courts) / Tribunals / Environment Clearance Commissions / Regulatory Authorities for resolving critical issues
- Provide pro-active business oriented legal advice supporting the formation, execution, and administration of complex commercial contracts, teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and related transactions
- End to end contract negotiations with a commercial bent of mind while evaluating the best options for the organization
- Drafting and vetting contracts and making them free of any leaks so as to avoid any consequent litigation
- Anticipating changes in the legal framework and preparing the organization for them.
- Driving audits every quarter for legal compliances
- Mentoring and supervising the team in daily activities
- Grooming the team for newer challenges in the legal domain
- Building the pipeline for leaders within the team
- Develop and impart training programs for creating legal awareness among internal customers.
- Proactive compliance measures
- Managing of legal cases to ensure the interest of the company is protected
- Overall health of the compliance to the regulatory frameworks across the organization.
- Expertise level of the legal team within and outside the organization.
Role Requirements / Specifications
Qualifications - Graduation in law with 20-25 years of experience
Previous Experience - Experience in Infrastructure, Power, NBFC is desirable
- Domain knowledge of corporate / civil / criminal laws and court procedures in India, both for civil and criminal courts at various levels. Thorough knowledge of CEA, CERC, Banking & SEBI Laws.
- Should be thorough with Legal documentation, local Laws, Drafting/vetting of agreements. Drafting/vetting of Power of Attorneys, Drafting/vetting of Bank guarantees & indemnities;
Behavioral Competencies -
- Have excellent communication Solution Orientation, Networking and Positive Attitude
- Should have the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Good decision-making ability
- Humble, ability to work with the team.
- Assertive with stakeholders while balancing short-term and long-term interests.
- Driving change by sensing and enabling it within the organisation.
- Good understanding of business and thereby providing solutions to internal customers. Capitalize on any emerging opportunities for the benefit of the organization
- Future orientation and being able to partner with functions to drive performance while protecting organisational interests.