Rattanindia Finance - Legal Head - Power Business - LLB (20-25 yrs)
- Handling all aspects of the corporate legal function which include implementing legal standards processes, systems, effective policies ensure legal compliance legal due-diligence, drafting, vetting, negotiation, finalization. Regulatory Affairs, Investor Relation, Governance-Risk-Compliance, Public Policy, Corporate Social Responsibility, Crisis Management, Privacy, Regulatory Examinations, Vigilance and Inspections, Government Investigations & Corporate Security
- Ensure legal compliance in the organization thereby facilitating good corporate governance and protecting Company's interest in litigation and documentation.
- Provides legal advice and guidance to the Chairman and CEO, Board, Head of departments to help formulate Authority-wide, consistent and cogent positions on regulatory and administrative interpretations and legal strategies
- Regularly updating oneself on laws related to the company businesses and sharing with stake holders appropriate future-looking compliance measures
- Devise and implement legal standards, processes, systems, effective policies and procedures that ensures that legal risks are managed appropriately within the business.
- Play active role with respect to government relations activities in organizations like PFC, MERC, RBI, SEBI, IRDA; development of relations and other strategies key to success of the Company's business.
- Deciding the approach and strategy for litigations - whether to defend or to go to court, reassessing the situation with the progress of the case
- Ensuring adequate protection for the organization by advising on various laws and dealing with litigations
- Coordinate and work closely with external counsels, wherever necessary, on legal advisory, intellectual property, arbitration, litigation/consumer matters and ensure efficient and effective handling of disputes
- Responsible for appearing before various Courts (High Courts) / Tribunals / Environment Clearance Commissions / Regulatory Authorities for resolving critical issues
- Provide pro-active business oriented legal advice supporting the formation, execution, and administration of complex commercial contracts, teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and related transactions
- End to end contract negotiations with a commercial bent of mind while evaluating the best options for the organization
- Drafting and vetting contracts and making them free of any leaks so as to avoid any consequent litigation
- Anticipating changes in the legal framework and preparing the organization for them.
- Driving audits every quarter for legal compliances
- Mentoring and supervising the team in daily activities
- Grooming the team for newer challenges in the legal domain
- Building the pipeline for leaders within the team
- Develop and impart training programs for creating legal awareness among internal customers.
- Proactive compliance measures
- Managing of legal cases to ensure the interest of the company is protected
- Overall health of the compliance to the regulatory frameworks across the organization.
- Expertise level of the legal team within and outside the organization.
Role Requirements / Specifications
Qualifications - Graduation in law with 20-25 years of experience
Previous Experience - Experience in Infrastructure, Power, NBFC is desirable
- Domain knowledge of corporate / civil / criminal laws and court procedures in India, both for civil and criminal courts at various levels. Thorough knowledge of CEA, CERC, Banking & SEBI Laws.
- Should be thorough with Legal documentation, local Laws, Drafting/vetting of agreements. Drafting/vetting of Power of Attorneys, Drafting/vetting of Bank guarantees & indemnities;
Behavioral Competencies -
- Have excellent communication Solution Orientation, Networking and Positive Attitude
- Should have the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Good decision-making ability
- Humble, ability to work with the team.
- Assertive with stakeholders while balancing short-term and long-term interests.
- Driving change by sensing and enabling it within the organisation.
- Good understanding of business and thereby providing solutions to internal customers. Capitalize on any emerging opportunities for the benefit of the organization
- Future orientation and being able to partner with functions to drive performance while protecting organisational interests.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.