Director at Raintree Family Office
Views:2199 Applications:601 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:126
Raintree - Private Equity Analyst - CA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (1-3 yrs)
Job Title : Private Equity Analyst
About Raintree Family Office :
Raintree Family Office is a single-family office, managing the investment portfolios of the promoter family. It aims to build a robust investment portfolio through pro-ESG alternative assets and private equity. Additionally, its aim is to build a sustainable impact-driven portfolio where the impact is intentional and by design, inherent in the business model.
Raintree Family Office balances the head and the heart for its investment and impact portfolios and believes in dignity for individuals, societies and natural environments.
Role Overview :
The role is of an analyst in the investment team at Raintree Family Office-which is primarily focused on growth-stage private equity investments in India.
The candidate is expected to add to the capability of the investment team engaging in all aspects related to the activities of the team.
Typical Deliverables :
- Source new appropriate transaction opportunities
- Find new and promising areas of investment opportunities and develop investment theses for Raintree Family Office
- Aid the team in screening, detailed investment analysis and due diligence on live investment opportunities
- Assist in managing portfolio companies
- Work on systems and processes related to the activities of the investment team
- Work closely with the communications team to attain organisational goals
- Any other miscellaneous tasks that may arise
Educational Background :
- The candidate should have an MBA (finance) from a tier-1 institute.
- It is preferable if the candidate has an undergraduate degree in finance, commerce, business, law, medicine, science, engineering from tier-1 institutions or is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Key Skills/Abilities :
The candidate should :
- Have the ability to conduct primary and secondary research in the context of investment evaluation and come up with crisp, comprehensive reports
- Have a deep understanding of financial statements and financial models
- Be able to grasp and understand new business concepts, and scale steep learning curves especially with respect to learning about new sectors, investment theses, etc
- Display maturity, excellent communication skills (written and spoken) and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Possess a high degree of diligence, personal integrity, and adherence to high ethical standards
- Be an ambitious, inclusive, and competitive team player
- Have the drive to work with a strong sense of ownership
- Preferably have a bent towards long-term, sustainable, and pro-ESG businesses
Work experience :
- It is a plus if the candidate has 1-3 years of work experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking or mergers and acquisitions.
As per the internal Code of Ethics, Raintree Family Office has pro-affirmative action hiring practices and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We especially encourage (1) women returning to the workforce, (2) women, (3) persons with disability and (4) people from marginalized socio-economic backgrounds to apply for the role.