Recruiter at Raintree Family Office
Views:595 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Raintree - Deputy Program Manager - Environment (6-8 yrs)
Deputy Program Manager Environment
About Raintree Foundation:
Raintree Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Raintree Family Office. It leverages catalytic philanthropy to strengthen the development ecosystem and amplify impact. It acts as facilitators and conveners between the government, non-profits, technical experts and the communities it works with through a participatory and structured approach, judiciously combined with multi-stakeholder collaboration.
Raintree approaches its program area in Velhe Block (Pune District, Maharashtra) through an ecosystemic lens, where the resident human population is considered as one component of a larger, complex ecosystem. At the core of Raintree's work is the belief that environmental prosperity and human development can intersect and lead to community stewardship of ecosystem conservation.
The Sustainable Landscape Management (SLM) program is being implemented in a 2,100 hectare geography spread over 9 villages in Velhe Block near Pune city, Maharashtra. The program aims at the comprehensive transformation of a landscape from an environmental, economic and well-being perspective.
Position: Deputy Program Manager - Environment
Reports To: Program Manager - Environment
Based at: Pune, Maharashtra
- We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for community-led environmental work to seed mindset changes and build community custodianship in our program geography towards protecting and restoring their local ecology and biodiversity.
We are looking for a versatile and action-oriented individual who has experience building and delivering environmental education and awareness programs, and building capacity for environmental conservation in rural communities through various tools and instruments.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate environmentalist who can navigate their way through our program complexities and go the extra mile in developing an impactful program at the grassroots.
- Design curriculums for environmental education and deliver them to various stakeholders in the community including children, women, youth, etc.
- Design and deliver entry-level activities in the community to initiate mindset changes towards long-term environmental initiatives
- Design and deliver trainings to various stakeholders in the community for capacity building and mobilization towards Raintree's environmental initiatives
- Build capacity in the community to become long-term custodians of their local ecology
- Build capacity in key stakeholders including BMCs, JFMCs, VDCs, forest department, etc. for environmental conservation
- Train the community and key stakeholders on environmental concerns leading into Raintree Foundation's larger environmental initiatives
- Work closely with the Program Manager - Environment to design and implement the larger environmental program, including a biodiversity action plan, solid waste management in the community, etc.
- Masters (or an equivalent degree) in an appropriate field (Conservation/Environment/Natural Resource Management/Forest) and other related disciplines
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant work experience working with communities on communities on environmental education and capacity building
- Prior experience working on environmental initiatives in the Northern Wester Ghats is preferred
- Fluency in Marathi, both written and oral, is required
- Ability to work closely with communities and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong experience in designing and delivering trainings and capacity building
- Strong experience and understanding in leveraging and working with government institutions and committees
- Ability to synthesize best practices and work to incorporate them in program implementation
At Raintree, we have a strong bias for action and feedback. While the role is based out of our offices in Pune, the individual will be required to be in the field regularly, to interact with the field teams and the community at large.
Raintree Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Female candidates and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.