Lead - Talent Management at Radio Big FM
Views:729 Applications:160 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Radio Big FM - Head - Technical (15-20 yrs)
ABOUT BIG FM: BIG FM, one of India's largest radio network with 58 stations, reaches out to 1200+ towns and 50,000+ villages and over 45 crore Indians across the country. BIG FM has evolved with the changing times. With the new positioning, BIG FM will play a meaningful, relevant and compelling role in lives of consumers. It will not just be about entertainment but a brand that has a purpose. With its extensive reach, localised content and credible RJs the brand will play the role of a thought inspirer and an agent of positive change in society. The new tag line of Dhun Badal KeToh Dekho reflects the philosophy that Changing the world for the better starts with changing your thoughts. Realigning the programming to reflect the new positioning, BIG FM has refreshed the music promise playing your favourite music tested with the audience besides bringing on board some big names from the Radio and entertainment spaces across all key markets.
The network's occasion-based programming, CSR Activities and client integrated campaigns strongly reflects its Dhun Badal ke toh Dekho ethos. The original content-based shows and engaging brand led campaigns has consistently won accolades at prestigious industry awards like the EMVIES, ABBYs, Asian Customer Engagement Awards, Indian Radio Forum & New York Festival. With a startup spirit and curious & courageous minds, we have the expertise to find brand solution for top leading brandsand we have fun doing it. Now, were calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us
Job Title - Head Technical
Function - Technical
Business Unit - BIG FM
Location - Mumbai
The purpose of this position is to liaison with business in understanding their goals and find the right technology vendors to deliver solutions to meet these goals. This role requires a go-getter person who will continuously look for new technologies in IT, audio , music domains and social media and then execute POCs to showcase such technology implementations to meet the organizational goal. Talent will be expected to navigate with nuances of working in an IT + Transmission setup and drive the backend operations of a radio broadcaster work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Information Technology including IT infrastructure, Business Applications, IT security, Product development & FM Radio Broadcast technology.
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technological agenda of the organization in various internal and external forums & when making hiring decisions
- Identify, compare, evaluate, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimize FM Radio Broadcast, IT infrastructure, IT Application & Digital assets to satisfy internal operational & financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Programming, Sales, Traffic, Solutions, Marketing, Finance, HR & other support functions to define, deliver & implement new products and enhancements
- Manage relationship with vendors & public sector undertakings, government departments such as MIB, Prasar Bharti, BECIL etc.
- Engage in human resource development through continuous mentoring, training & performance evaluations.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE : Hands on experience in implementing and/ or supporting following technologies:
IT, Communication, IT Security & Cloud:
- Microsoft & Linux Client / Server Operating system such as Windows 10, Windows Server, CentOS, Ubuntu Server & Client, Microsoft Windows Domain / Active Directory
- Database technologies such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostGre SQL, MongoDB etc
- Application & Web Servers such as IIS, Apache, NGINX, Node.JS
- Strong understanding of LAN / WAN technologies & protocols such as TCP/IP, IPSec, SDWAN, Cisco, dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF
- Cisco , Aruba & Fortinet L3 switches, routers, Wireless Access Controllers, Fortinet Network Gateway Firewall, Cisco ISE
- Strong IT security concepts with prior experience in configuring switches, routers, firewall & end point protection systems.
- HP, IBM, Dell servers & Hyper Converged technologies such as Nutanix
- Collaboration technologies such as Google GSuite, Microsoft O365
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GC
Broadcast Infrastructure & Technologies :
- FM Radio Transmitter, Exciter,
- Sound Processors, ADA, 3DRX etc
- Digital & Analogue nodes, Telephone Hybrid
- IP audio equipment such as Mixers and RJ consoles such as Axia, Lawo, GPIO, Studio Engine etc STL Modem, Audio Codecs etc
- Electrical systems such as panel, PSS, AVR, AMF, UPS, DG, Isolation transformer etc
Business Applications & Product development:
- ERP / CRM product implementation experience on products such as SAP, Oralce EBiz, Salesforce, Navision, Dynamics etc
- Experience in implementing Media specific Broadcast management systems, Traffic Systems, Playout systems, Music schedulers, DAM / CMS, Podcast systems etc
- Implementation of Business Analytics using products such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlick etc
- Prior product development experience on technologies such as Java, .Net, PHP, MEAN Stack
- Experience in development & implementation of full stack product using cloud technologies
- Good written & verbal communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
- Good people management & development skills, ability to keep team motivated at all times
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Ability to lead strategic vision as well as manage operations
- Good vendor management skills
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Post graduate in Computer Science preferably an MBA with an engineering background. Minimum 15 years of experience with at least 8 years in Media broadcast or Telecom industry Certification in Microsoft, Cisco, IT security, Project & Program management (PMP, PgMP, Prince 2), ITIL would be desired
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.