racetrack.ai - Consultant - Capital Market Domain - Buy Side (6-10 yrs)
Job Title: Consultant - Capital Market - Buy side
- Minimum 6+ years of overall experience with at least 03+ years of relevant consulting experience working in Asset Management/Custody & Wealth Management areas.
- Strong domain knowledge and working experience in Buy side IT transformation.
- Extensive understanding FO (Front-office), MO (Middle-Office), and BO (Back-Office) trade flow
- Working knowledge of relevant products including Money Market Products, Equity product, & Liquid instruments.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Engagement execution and management: Executing team-based as well as individual consulting assignments at various overseas locations in US OR UK, working directly with the clients.
- Domain offerings management: Developing offering collateral, trends & best practices research, preparation of domain collaterals.
- Business development: Prospecting, targeting clients, collaborating globally with Delivery and Sales Teams), Pre-sales work (i.e. presentations to clients, RFI/RFP response preparation).
- Thought leadership: Contributing to industry level White Papers, PoVs, trends analysis, solution accelerator development, and represent Syntel in business related strategic discussions
- Team and organization building: Mentoring and grooming other consultants, knowledge sharing and conducting training for Capital Market Consulting Team
Commensurate with the experience level, the consultants will be assigned additional responsibilities as part of their job description.
- To be the Domain/Solution Consultant focusing on all Trading, Confirmation & Settlement program for Asset Managers, Custodian & Wealth managers.
- Gather requirements from a various business stakeholders and map the business processes in meaningful way to derive material information to support the overall program.
- Liaising with different teams as required and coordinating all activities related to the work stream
- Perform current state analysis for the process and design Target Operating Model (TOM)
- Outlining and reviewing requirements specifications & business processes, and recommend solution with ROI analysis
- Willingness to relocate within India or overseas for short/long term consulting assignments
Domain Skill & experience:
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of various IT products across asset classes.
- Extensive understanding of Middle & Back office functions including Matching, Confirmation, Affirmation, Clearing, Custody and Settlement, & Reconciliation.
- Experience with Capital markets clients in a capacity of Practice lead/ Principal Consultant
- Experience in clearing and settlement across various Asset Classes in Exchange-Traded and OTC categories with understanding of post trade processing functions of entities such as CCP, CSD, Buy-side, Custodians.
- Experience in Wealth Management functions such as Client Profiling, Financial Planning, Portfolio Construction, Rebalancing, Compliance, Client Reporting, Investment Processing etc.
- Extensive understanding of relevant product life cycle and implementation of associated Industry leading COTS solutions
- Must be a Postgraduate / MBA (Finance) from a premier Business School or CA/CFA.
- Any additional certification such as FRM/PRM/NCFM/NSE/CBAP and/or experience in IT consulting or Product/Financial Solutions OR work experience with Capital Market entities OR assignments with global clients at overseas locations will be preferred
- Prior work experience of business consulting/IT solutioning with Global Investment Banks / Custodians / Clearing House / Depositories / Back-office of Buy / sell-side firms and /or Pre-sales and project management experience in BFS domain in client facing roles will be preferred
Key objectives critical to success:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including Stakeholder management
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary teams and multi-party engagement model
- Detailed Process Knowledge & ability to do solution design for futuristic solutions
- Holding Client conversation's & ability to participate large programs
- Create specific offerings to mine existing accounts to increase topline
- Understanding & appreciation for emerging technologies like Blockchain in Capital Market
- Ability to carve out innovative deals relevant to specific domain areas