People Coordinator at Quest Alliance
Views:105 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Quest Alliance - Senior Data Scientist (8-10 yrs)
At Quest Alliance we transform learning ecosystems through education technology, capacity building, and collaboration to build 21st-century skills for learners and facilitators.
We are a not-for-profit trust that focuses on research-led innovation and advocacy in the field of teaching and learning. We engage with educators, civil society, government institutions and corporate organizations to demonstrate and enable scalable and replicable solutions in school education and vocational training.
At Quest Alliance, you will get the opportunity to apply your skills and contribute to addressing issues around quality education and skills training. The organization gives you the space to learn and grow in a fun and engaging environment. We have an eclectic group of people working at Quest drawn from diverse disciplines including Education, Technology, Design, Youth Development, and Business.
About the role:
The Data Scientist will play a critical role in guiding the organisation's progress on different aspects of Data Maturity including Uses, Data, Analysis, Leadership, Culture, Tools, and Skills.
Data Modelling & Analysis: Look at data collected from various sources - field, tech based interventions, app, primary research, secondary/syndicated research and macro data published by the government and other agencies, and model it to identify trends, patterns, efficiency and effectiveness of different interventions, as well as predict and reconcile outcomes with a view to measure and correlate outputs, outcomes and impact.
Communication: Prepare reports and conduct sessions to simplify and summarise these learnings and make them part of organisational knowledge and understanding and help people in the wider organisation use this information to make better, data driven decisions, plans and execution roadmaps.
Data Privacy and Security: Work closely with the AD- Technology and Product to ensure that the organisation's systems and processes are optimised for legal compliance on data security and privacy.
Systems Design: Provide critical inputs/ guidance to ensure optimal decisions with respect to data collection tools/ platforms that take into account scale of operations, ease of use amongst other factors.
Team Management: Provide guidance and mentorship to the team of database coordinators
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Data Science, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Computer Science or related fields
- 8-10 years' experience in Data Science from both a technology/programming as well as data/analysis lens
- Prior experience in Data Modelling, Prediction, Forecasting and analysis using both - Statistical and Machine Learning techniques
- Prior experience in programming using 'R', 'Python', Java and other programming languages and performing data cleaning, manipulation, summary, analyses and automation
- Prior experience of building, modifying and coding artificial intelligence and logic based algorithms that drive recommendation engines for personalization including user feedback
- Ability to understand business context and need, convert it into technical requirements, build solutions that cater to them and then drive usage, adoption and continuous improvement through cross - functional virtual teams
- Willingness and Ability to work across a large, diverse team and multiple stakeholders with different needs and points of view
- Passion for making data, analysis, technology and tools accessible to people without formal training or background in these disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfort with use of Powerpoint, Word, - Excel and other presentation tools
We are looking for people who:
- Are passionate about working to solve challenges in the education and employability domain
- Candidate should be flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and an energetic team player
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.