Quantitative Finance Recruiter at Black Turtle India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:175759 Applications:1207 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:122
Quantitative Expert - Model Validation - C++ (1-7 yrs)
We are looking for Quantitative Experts with hands on exposure on Model validation and someone who is strong on SAS & R or C++ Programming.
Job Description- Model validation
- Analyse model risk across the bank's businesses, working as part of the Model Risk team in India, in close collaboration with the global Model Risk team. Devise metrics to quantify model risk exposure; maintain controls and governance of model risk; advise on measures to mitigate model risk. Communicate model risk issues and control measures to business stakeholders at all appropriate levels.
Tasks (assisting the global Model Risk team with):
- Data analysis + Code base support: Engage with data teams, perform data analytics to support model validation; analyse model scope, use and implementation related issues; document the analysis and communicate the findings, results to the lead validator on an ongoing basis. Controls over model parameter marking.
- Testing models under stress & system integrity: Perform sensitivity analysis to identify the range of outcomes and if there are any scenarios where the model may not work as expected. Assess the model performance against the model presented by the modellers. Assess controls around data in and out of system.
- Periodic validations/ re-reviews: Supporting periodic model validations by undertaking e.g., model stability, performance, benchmarking analysis and summarising the results in a clear and presentable format. Compile re-review packs, management of re-review schedule, re-run tests, additional tests as needed. Follow up on any issues identified.
- MInT/MRF: Assisting with the MInT Help Desk, providing ongoing training and overseeing ongoing improvements; assisting with the transformation of MInT into a tool that enables tracking and reporting of model risk (i.e. are all mandatory procedures up to date, are all models within governance etc.).
- Governance & Admin: Issues- management and assisting with: reports and updates to senior management, MRM admin, management of model risk related ORBIT and GNEP issues etc.
- MI: Assist in validation and use of model related monitoring MI, which is used to assess model performance, is a basis for detailed periodic validations and external disclosures. Investigating errors and KPI breaches.
- Key relationships and interactions: Communicates with Director of Risk Assurance CoE, Head of Model Risk, Model Risk Team Leaders, model owners and developers, users- representatives, auditors etc..
- People management accountabilities: N/A
Membership of Committees & Accountable Chair: N/A
Purpose of Role (part of a team in India that):
- Assists with all aspects relating to developing, maintaining and improving a model risk framework that facilitates the identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring and reporting of model risks, to ensure residual model risk remains within the bank's risk appetite.
- Continually seeks ways to improve the efficiency of all aspects of the Model Risk Management function.
- Provide intellectual input to develop and improve model risk measures.
Mandatory Risk & Conduct Accountabilities applicable to all roles:
2nd line of defence: Management & Supervision
- Actively consider the inherent, material risks of the bank. Analyse the risk profile and seek confirmation that the risks are being appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated to the desirable level (Risk Appetite). Establish and deploy robust risk and control frameworks which meet the strategic needs of the bank, including communication, training and awareness. Provide expert support and advice to stakeholders on risk management; this includes interpreting and complying with risk policies and related standards. Conduct suitable assurance to ensure 1st line compliance with policies/responsibilities. Provide senior executive with relevant management information and reports. Escalate concerns where appropriate.
- Proactively identify. and effectively manage and/or escalate, conduct risk, in order to deliver key customer outcomes.
- Comply with all policies, and deliver against statutory, regulatory, supervisory, and legal obligations.
What are the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the role-
- Minimum: degree in a quantitative subject (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics, finance, etc.).
- Some knowledge of financial mathematics and relevant product/business experience.
- Good skills in data analysis and code base support in a financial business context.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Practical hands-on, - get things done- personality.
- Able to quickly pick up, develop and explain complex problems.
- Skills in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in coding in SAS
- Other IT coding (C++, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience in embedding new policies and frameworks across multiple functional teams.
- Broad experience of the range of model types covered by the team.
- Understanding of Risk and Model Risk framework and its role in a financial organisation.