Associate Consultant at HuQuo
Views:861 Applications:111 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Quant Developer - C++/Python (4-6 yrs)
Help Designing trading strategies - you will have access to market data from various exchanges across the world. We expect you to analyze the data, find patterns and explore inefficiencies in the market and come up with algorithms that capitalize on such opportunities. Such opportunities exist only for a (small) fraction of a second and hence the algorithm must be very efficient.
- Explore Market Microstructure to find trading signals and opportunities: We expect you to study market data and build predictive models. Such models explore order flow which is an essential part of market microstructure study.
- Help in improving existing trading strategies: We are already running multiple strategies in Indian exchanges and other trading venues across the world. We expect you to help the desk in improving these existing strategies.
- Back testing Ideas: We expect you to back test ideas for latency, PnL and other metrics.
- Programming: We save gigabytes of data everyday from various exchanges. To analyze this data and find pattern and to back test your ideas, once must be conversant with either Python or R or C++.
- Analytical Ability: You must be able to logically think about problems and find efficient solutions.
- Statistics: Modeling data is the most important part of the job. To make sense of what is going on, knowledge of statistics is mandatory.
- Linux: A lot of what we do is done on Linux systems so at least a working knowledge of Linux is essential but not mandatory.
- Trading Experience: Trading experience is a positive, but not a requirement.