Talent Acquisition Manager at Qualcomm
Views:2182 Applications:320 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:318
Qualcomm Ventures - Senior Investment Manager (5-15 yrs)
Senior Investment Manager - Qualcomm Ventures (5-15 yrs)
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked several technologies such as 5G, AI/ML, IoT etc., ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
- In this role you will make and manage financially attractive investments for Qualcomm Ventures in India that are aligned with the objectives of the ventures group. Qualcomm Ventures is the strategic venture capital arm of Qualcomm. Please visit www.qualcommventures.com for further details.
Key responsibilities for Senior Manager, Ventures role include:
- Sourcing new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiating agreements, and presenting investment recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Preparation of investment memos and deal presentations based on extensive analysis of the industry and business fundamentals, financial modelling, and evaluating business plans
- Active monitoring of portfolio companies including tracking performance, preparation of periodic reports, other support activities for portfolio management
- Managing and helping Qualcomm Ventures portfolio investments grow by actively participating in strategic and operational discussions, forging relationships with Qualcomm business units where relevant, and, helping portfolios enhance their chances of success.
- Leading cross-functional (engineering, marketing, finance) and cross-departmental coordination for business development activities pertaining to new technologies and investment opportunities.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years' professional experience with roles spanning principal investing, management consulting, business development, product management. Strong preference for prior Venture Capital/Entrepreneurship or Artificial Intelligence & IoT product experience.
- Bachelor (preferably engineering and/or computer science degree) and an MBA.
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills with ample experience in assessing businesses, technologies, and business models
- Strong financial skills (analysis, valuation, and modeling)
- Good interpersonal and strong written/oral communication skills
- Self-driven and motivated, strong persuasive skills
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- Considered as plus points:
- Well-connected in the startup/VC ecosystem and good deal sourcing network
- Prior engineering and experience in AI/ML or IoT