PwC SDC - Management Consulting Role - Finance Transformation (2-10 yrs)
PricewaterhouseCoopers Management Consulting GDM unit services clients and project teams from India and global locations. As a Management Consulting operating unit of the firm, we enhance PwC's ability to address the strategy, growth, and innovation agendas of its clients. Our ability to design and execute business, finance and growth strategies complements PwC's existing strengths in finance, technology, organization, risk, and deals.
We work across industries with additive strengths in core operational areas, such as:
- Finance strategy;
- Finance organization design;
- Finance and accounting operations improvement;
- Finance integration and transaction support;
- Regulatory changes; and
- Digital in Finance
We help our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of our professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities they face. Our thought leadership and unparalleled experience can help clients turn formidable challenges into market advantage across the value chain and around the globe.
Job Overview :
- The Management Consulting team will work with client and project teams in the US to support global engagements from India, in that, driving the firm's strategic and operational initiatives, implementing innovative solutions, measuring results early and often, and ensuring performance meets the desired targets.
- Our finance consultants help clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, shared service advisory including RPA, deal transaction support, post deal integration, analyse impact on finance function due to regulatory changes, and full scale finance transformation. This high performing team helps CFOs identify, design and implement programs that transform their finance function to meet today's demanding requirements while continuing to provide value added insights to the business.
- Specific responsibilities include lead project workstreams, scope and drive client deliverables, create and manage project plans, manage client expectations and project budget, support proposals, train new hires in areas of expertise and lead firm building activities as well as independently work on client deliverables.
Candidates should demonstrate substantial experience and / or knowledge in any sector (experience in Industrial Products, Consumer Markets, Technology, Media & Telecom and Health Industries would be an added advantage) in the following areas:
- Finance Strategy & Vision: Assist the finance function to define the finance vision, outline clear-set of value proposition, define sustainable cost reduction model, prepare a roadmap for finance transformation strategy, define and develop a finance target operating model
- Shared Services: Define finance service delivery model, perform feasibility study including location assessment, conduct FTE/volume analysis, activity & process split, develop business case to support implementation
- Business Process Re-engineering: Perform current state assessments, conduct gap analysis, identify areas of improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, remediate control gaps, design future state by streamlining / standardizing the processes to enable cost effective operations
- Deals related services: Post-merger integration and transaction support, assist with acquisition support / Day-1 readiness for finance & accounting functions
- Process impact due to Regulatory changes: Assist clients to evaluate impact on processes due to regulatory changes and develop future state roadmap to comply with the new standards e.g. Lease accounting standard change
- Emerging Areas: Digital in finance including automation assessments, robotics process automation, Blockchain etc.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate proven success in supporting teams through the design and implementation of changes to finance strategy and operations (including people, processes, controls and technology changes) by:
- Delivering significant business results that utilize strategic and creative thinking, analytical skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simple and actionable tasks
- Exhibiting strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment
- Leading project work streams and working autonomously with minimal direction
- Communicating effectively (written and verbal) to various situations and audiences
- Emphasizing the ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members
Years of Experience:
PwC's MC team currently seeks experienced consultants at multiple levels with experience between 2 - 7 years. Relevant work experience will be considered based on the interview process.
Professional and Educational Background:
An ideal candidate must have an undergraduate degree from top institutes followed by relevant work experience (Big 4 experience would be added bonus), and MBA from recognized Tier-1 B-School or Professional qualifications, CA / CPA / ICWA / CMA
Travel Requirements: Travel to client locations may be required as per project requirements.
Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Management Consulting
Location: Bangalore, India
Past Experience: Past experience in consulting and exposure to multinational environment will be an added bonus.