Senior Associate at PwC
Views:310 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
PwC - Manager - International Taxation - CA (6-10 yrs)
‘Our workplace needs to be a reflection of our society and our client organisations, and having an inclusive culture that fosters diverse talent and views is a key focus for us. We value dialogue and diversity of viewpoints to promote a vibrant work culture and deliver the best outcomes for our clients. Hence, diversity for us goes beyond gender – we’ve committed to having a minimum of 40% women in all our teams by 2025 – and are also...
Padmaja Alaganandan, Chief People Officer
Position Title: Finance Tax Manager (Cross Border Engagement Advisor)
Reporting Manager Title: Finance Overseas Tax Senior Manager (CBES)
Sub LoS/SBU: Finance Tax
Direct Reports: Finance Overseas Tax
Position Type: Permanent full-time
- This is an exciting and high value-add job role being created primarily focussing on international tax and regulatory matters with respect to cross border business.
- The role is in the Finance organisation and will be internal to Finance only. It is a dual role with reporting India lead and global lead - Cross border engagement services.
- This will be an individual contributor role.
- The individual will utilise his/her knowledge to educate the business team on tax impact on engagements by analysing the tax and regulatory laws of various overseas countries and international tax laws as may be relevant to the transaction, impact from income tax , VAT/ GST and Regulatory perspective, analysing the tax cost, suggesting meaningful recommendations.
- This role will require extensive research, analysis and sound technical understanding of international tax laws concepts and new upcoming and unchartered country laws.
- This role will require communication with business teams, SMEs, firm tax teams across the globe, Global Mobility team, risk/ legal team and other finance teams.
- This role will have a moderate level of supervision and direction and the candidate is required to work with high levels of accuracy.
- Developing sound understanding of PwCs cross border business dynamics and service offerings
- Comprehending cross border tax concepts around permanent establishment, secondment, individual tax and tax treaty application
- Demonstrating knowledge of, and success in linking and integrating the areas of tax, immigration, and/or cross-border operations for a global network of professional services firms
- Applying this knowledge and understanding of the firms cross-border operations and policies to advise engagement teams
- Demonstrate solution oriented approach, leading the consultation aligning all the impacted stakeholders and various aspects of the transactions, anticipating the requirements of stakeholders to provide the optimum solution to achieve the business objective
- Working with senior team members to consult with engagement teams to mitigate cross border risks by creating accurate technical advice based on relevant facts & circumstances
- Utilizing advanced analytical skills to apply policies to a myriad of cross-border scenarios
- Managing cross border consultations and inquiries through internal workflow tools
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations for signoff on tax position from relevant stakeholders
- Curate, develop presentations and lead / support in leadership education sessions
- Develop tax impact calculations or iterations
- Understanding the current workflow tool, analyse the current system for driving efficiency, preparing BRD for IT team and get it implemented through IT
- Interacting with management/leaders to resolve issues and proactively report potential issues;
- Researching and analyzing pertinent technical matters
- Keep updated on the latest development in the international tax and regulatory domain
- Delivering work project quality with minimal revisions that satisfy requirements consistently;
- Possessing problem solving skills with attention to detail, coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously and working independently with minimal supervision
- Working cohesively as part of a team;
- Building solid relationships with partners, managers, staff members, other Firm's Finance groups, SMEs, Global mobility team, other network firms tax team
- Coordinate for review of client contracts, tax clauses from overseas countries point of view, other aspects of advice with other finance teams
- Leadership reporting on key developments and progress update
Education Level: Chartered Accountant, India
Experience Level: At least 5-6 years of relevant experience and proficiency in word, excel and powerpoint.
- Hands on experience of Double taxation avoidance agreements, International tax, familiarity with international tax issues around permanent establishment, individual tax, secondment, indirect tax, technical services, digital tax
- Immigration law experience and understanding will be an added advantage
- Atleast beginner level understanding of data analytic tools like Power BI
- Positive attitude towards using new technologies, support technology transformation with the ability to understand existing workflow tool, evaluate for enhancement and lead implementation with IT
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills - Possessing extensive abilities to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of internal staff and management.
- Ability to simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Keen appreciation of cultural differences when working with other network firms
- A positive attitude and approach, with a willingness to accept new challenges
- A flexible approach to change and should be able to provide solutions for problems
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering quality work, with a willingness to team with others, and help create a positive work environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.