Talent Acquisition at Purplle.com
Views:6259 Applications:1878 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Purplle.com - Senior Brand Manager - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (6-10 yrs)
Background on the company :
Purplle, a high growth & leading Indian online beauty and personal care platform with ca. USD 50m of revenue and profitable (www.purplle.com), is looking to hire key senior leaders in branding & marketing to support its rapid scale up. The company is based in Mumbai and has over 500 employees in its head office. Purplle has been rapidly growing at over 100% every year on the back of its innovative & highly-personalized digital shopping experience delighting consumers with its unique assortment of beauty products from its company owned brands and leading third party brands.
Purplle was founded by Manish, Rahul & Suyash (all of them IIT/ IIM graduates) and is backed by marquee global investors including Goldman Sachs, Verlinvest, Blume Ventures, IvyCap Ventures, JSW Ventures and has most recently raised USD 35m to support the next phase of growth.
Purplle is looking for an established leader as Senior Brand Manager to develop & lead its branding & marketing efforts on its core beauty brand, Good Vibes.
The Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for end to end positioning, marketing and resultant sales of the brand and drive its core P&L. The role will also be responsible for driving product innovation for the brand by leveraging Purplle's highly effective data-led new product development engine.
This position is based in Mumbai at Purplle's HQ and will report to the co-founder & CEO.
Required experience :
- 6 to 10 years of professional experience in a leading consumer goods or brand company, with atleast 3 years in brand management
- Currently working for a consumer goods or digital brand company, preferably currently a brand manager of a high growth brand with end to end responsibility
- Past experience in sales or commercial function - good understanding of a full P&L and how marketing or branding efforts impact the business P&L
- Candidate should hold an MBA from a top tier B School and should have a superior academic and performance record; Engineering or quantitative under graduation will be a plus
- Candidates with tier-1 MNC CPG background (HUL, P&G, J&J, Pepsi, Coke, Kraft, Mondelez) will be a plus
Critical skills required for the role :
- Ability to develop a business plan for the brand including all aspects of sales & marketing for the brand
- Ability to run and end to end branding campaign from scratch including developing value proposition, creative communication, media distribution and tracking campaign ROI
- Ability to generate consumer insights from feedback of consumers and channels to improve brand positioning
- Excellent proficiency with numbers, analytics and consumer marketing skills to assess effectiveness, efficiency and ROI
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and lead a team
- Highly driven, result-oriented and strong work ethics
- Long-term minded, trustworthy, transparent
- Walk the talk- entrepreneurial mentality, i.e. develop a strategic vision and do what it takes to get things done