Talent Acquisition at Purplle.com
Views:2578 Applications:516 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Purplle.com - Associate Director - Logistics (10-12 yrs)
Role & Responsibilities of Logistics Director :
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives with logistics partners in partnership with fulfilment centers, customer service and retail teams to improve customer experience, costs and processes
- Partners with internal/external stakeholders to improve cost, speed & reliability of delivery
- Drives innovation by taking ownership of strategic projects and operational success
- Able to address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area
- Advises leadership team proactively of critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned
- Executes performance management metrics reviews (cost, speed, efficiency, quality, etc.) for logistics function and derive improvement plans from it
- Conduct daily / weekly business reviews
- Prepare and communicate 3-6 months staffing plans and forecasts on a regular basis
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Drives process change initiatives, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to enable the Logistics team to meet and exceed Business Plan.
- Sets / clarifies requirements and expectations for entire Logistics team
- Leverages the team for sourcing ideas, the nurturing and rolling them into creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among all warehouses
Basic Qualifications :
- B E /B.Tech Engineering from a reputed university
- 10-12 years Operations Management experience in B2C logistics industry across first mile, middle mile and last mile
- Experience of having set up logistics operations
- Direct team management experience and experience of having handled multiple delivery stations network
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment
- Strong Excel & Analytical skills: Effectively analyze and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- MBA Preferred
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.