Consultant at WEN
Views:1423 Applications:340 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:75
Purchase/SCM/Development Head - Auto (26-30 yrs)
- Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price.
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services by the supply base.
- Lead and manage a team of Buyers to deliver the appropriate support to the business to ensure corporate and business development objectives are met.
- Work alongside the senior management team in contributing to overall business objectives.
- Supply Chain Management / Logistics: Ensuring availability and delivery of right quality materials at the right time, price and terms. Devising efficient logistics management system to ensure timely delivery of goods from within and outside India (US, China, Europe etc)
- Products : Plastic, Metal, Rubber, Electrical, Electronics etc, with sourcing components experience for Automotive (2W, 4W), Construction, Railways, Defence etc.
- Strong Experience in New Product Development: Identification & selection of potential supplier, closely working with R&D and SQA for technical & QMS support. Development and production of new products as per design / target cost and project time line. Should have led projects.
- Strong experience in Planning, Scheduling and Logistics (Domestic & International). Experience in dealing with JDGFT on EPCG, DEPB & Advance License for export benefits along with machine/parts/commodities sourcing from outside India
- Inventory Management / Warehousing: Tracking & maintaining inventory levels at all stages. Practicing VMI, JIT Kanban & milk run. Planning and monitoring warehouse operations of receipt, storage, issue, FIFO & 5S.
- Expertise in Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Development: Selection, development & audit to create a reliable supplier base, vendor rationalization, mapping the future vendor base and implementing the strategies. Defining & managing "sub-suppliers". Recognizing & rewarding best suppliers. Has had prior experience in engaging comprehensively with internal and customer product development and engineering teams. Has built a library of potential products along with having a network of suppliers who are qualified to meet such requirement not only in India but globally as well
- Expertise in material Cost management: Should costing, ZBC, RM Pricing Policy (thro' market analysis and commodity price monitoring portals SIAM, Cost master, MMR), localization, SOB management, RA for potential parts, volume aggregation, long term contract, base RM dept. &price fixation with steel mills on behalf of suppliers.
- Indirect Materials & CAPEX: Experience, grouping & simplifying indirect materials purchase, RA for potential item categories, long term contract with tools, consumables & packing materials, defining and contracting SLAs for services & logistics. Capex purchase experience in CNC, VMC & HMC machines, test benches, measuring instrument, ware house & its infrastructure, pattern, moulds, tools & tackles and materials handling equipment's
- Budgeting: Taking full ownership of direct & indirect materials cost budgeting and monitoring & controlling the same with monthly MIS. Supporting CAPEX budgeting, monitoring with monthly MIS
- Resourceful in contributing Budgeting, Sales planning & Production Planning for successful business operations. An effective communicator with interpersonal skills for relationship building & team building
- Experience in creating, implementing & practicing SOPs and Service Standards for business excellence
- Strong experience in TQM, IRIS (ISO/TS 22163), ISO/TS16949, ISO 9000, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001. Implementing & practicing high level safety standard in all activities.
BE Mech with MBA in Material Mgmt., SCM
Experience: 25 + Years
Age : below 52 Years