Principal Consultant at Maventum Consultants
Views:2585 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Purchase Manager - Raw Materials - Chemical (10-15 yrs)
Job Title : Purchase Manager
Work Location : Bangalore HO / Vadodara Factory
Division / Department : Purchase
Reporting to : CFO
Job Responsibilities : Provide Support to Operations team through timely procurement
Job Purpose :
- Purchases goods or services for their employer to use or sell. Ensures employer obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Plays an integral role in ensuring a company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
Skills and Qualifications :
- Good at Networking, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Data Analysis, Good Negotiator, Financial Analysis Skills, Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities, Knowledge of Supply Management ERP Software (MM module), Specialised Industry Knowledge
Qualifications : Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Chemistry with Material Management Diploma or BE (Chemical) with Material Management Diploma.
Requisite : Min 10+ year in Material Management / Min 5+ yrs in Chemical Manufacturing company / Preferably from 3+ yrs from construction Chemical company
Procurement Manager Job Duties :
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet company's goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Ensuring optimum inventory & Maintain stock of material without any variance by conducting stock verification and documentation;
- Making effective use of cost analysis tools in support of strategic sourcing process, procurement costs, cost reduction metrics and bottom line performance indicators.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.