Supervisory Consultant at Cornerstone International Group
Views:473 Applications:167 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Purchase Manager - Building Material (5-12 yrs)
Plans, directs, and coordinates all aspects of this organization's purchasing management objectives, and initiatives personally and in coordination with other departments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Must be experienced in the purchasing of materials used in the manufacturing domain. Experience in building material industry a plus.
- Should have good working knowledge of all types of building materials including but not limited to lumber, plywood, various sheathing products, various interior and exterior wall coverings, insulation products, electrical products, and plumbing products.
- Must be able to place purchase orders with delivery dates that coincide with the production schedule so that material is in the plant as needed for efficient production flow.
- Must be able to communicate with Plant Manager, Production Supervisors, and Team Members.
- Inventory Control Team Members on proper handling and storage of all materials.
- Must be able to organize and maintain inventory control of all materials.
- Must be able to create a minimum and maximum inventory levels for various standard stock type materials while maintaining cost-effective inventory levels.
- Must have the ability to communicate with existing vendors and their sales personnel in order to create purchase orders.
- Must have the ability to source out new vendors for both current standard materials and custom materials.
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering, supply chain or business from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Supply Chain Management in a manufacturing or operations environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum of 5 years in multi-faceted Manufacturing/Operations environment with 3-5 years of Purchase experience.
- The ability to effectively influence cross functional teams