Executive Search Consultant at Zallery
Views:545 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Purchase Head - Vegetable Commodity Oil Category (7-15 yrs)
Vegetable commodity oil category
- Annual procurement of mix of vegetable Commodity oils like Mustard oil, rice bran oil, groundnut oil, palm oil, sesame oil etc.
- Procurement of their oil-seeds and related commodity as per requirements within cost and quality standards.
- Formulating buying strategy and procurement planning of vegetable oils on a regular, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Managing overall inventory within the agreed levels as per budget.
- Development and implementation of long term category strategy - Development of new vendors and continued relations with existing vendors. - Monitoring global as well as local market trends, maintaining relevant database and doing regular data & trend analyses to ensure optimum buying of oils.
- Studying external market reports/journals of commodity oils to evolve appropriate bench-marking models strategy resulting in optimum buying performance.
- Conduct qualification & competitive analysis of suppliers for vendor evaluation.
- Prepare Monthly Purchase MIS for the top Management review on timely basis. i.e. purchase, unloading and stock statements of relevant oils across various locations.
- Co-ordination with cross function teams like R&D, Quality Assurance, Finance, Marketing/Brand, Manufacturing, Unit purchase and Stores.
- Should have exposure of handling Agri commodities, especially Vegetable oils & Oilseeds 3. Should have sufficient knowledge and work experience of MS office and SAP ERP. 4. Knowledge of Inventory Management, Scheduling and monitoring will be useful.
Desired Candidate Profile:
The candidate should have had prior experience of working in the vegetable oils or FMCG industry. Familiarity of dealing in agricultural commodities is essential.
- Should be commercially savvy, numerate and have strong negotiating skills. For this, the candidate should be experienced in collecting and analysing trends and dealing in large amounts of data.
- Should be proficient in MS Office and should be very familiar with and have worked in ERP environment, preferably SAP.
- Should have a minimum of 7-12 years of buying experience, preferably in agri- commodity areas like oilseeds and edible/vegetable oils (Palm, Mustard, rice bran, groundnut etc)
- Experience in strategic procurement operations, driving sustainability lead initiative
- Should be reasonably well-networked within the local commodity oils market.
- Should be experienced in Supplier management of edible oil/vegetable oil.
- Should display strong ability to build and maintain professional relationships with suppliers.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Good Communication skills.
- Display appropriate levels of aggression and commitment to goals
- An energetic and committed individual.
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual
- A flexible individual with the ability to operate in a culturally diverse environment