Head - HR at Puma Group
Views:3802 Applications:1115 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Puma - Head - Supply Chain Management (10-15 yrs)
The Head of Supply Chain Management is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy. The role works with the Head of Operations and works very closely with the leadership team to develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of warehouse operations . The person also plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining relationships with 3PL- s, Logistics Partners and Carrying and Forwarding Agents.
We are a fast paced multi-channel business (including Retail and Ecommerce) operating through multiple warehouses, and our products are sourced from multiple locations. The person would need to understand the dynamics of these businesses and warehouses in order to streamline processes. The person is also required to have a strong understanding of Customs and FTA laws
- Leading the entire warehousing and logistics division.
- Taking a lead role in the set-up, design and running warehouses - managing day-to-day operational requirements of a high-growth business, project management and implementation. Adapt the warehouse and logistics process to the changes in business requirement keeping cost efficiencies in mind.
- Designing and implementing KPI metrics to manage carrier management suppliers - whilst also getting involved in the contract negotiations and ongoing relationship management
- Set up and manage the relationships with 3rd party warehouses, e-commerce partners, retail stores and logistics companies.
- Improving and automating data management and reporting as an endeavor to build efficiencies and drive continuous improvement within the guard rails of Cost, Quality, Reliability & Stakeholder Experience.
- Working with key stakeholders across the business to help buy in and increase collaboration
- Analyze and update capacity, inventory plans and logistics plan based on demand and output changes, and changes in planned customer service levels or changes in business requirement
- Manage day-to-day customer relations & success. Usage of smart & new age technology to improve SLA & delivery timelines
- Work with Global stakeholders to ensure that warehouse and logistics are managed as per global norms and streamline reporting based on key requirements
- Deliver on ambitious growth plan and targets, develop strategies and pivot where necessary to push the business to scale
- A track record of leading logistics and warehousing teams. The candidate should have an in-depth understanding of logistic regulatory compliance
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to lead and influence at all levels. An experience in B2C (E-commerce)/Retail Supply chain is a MUST
- Strong understanding of SAP
- Experience managing multiple sites is a must - ideally with a track record in opening new sites
- A track record in improving relationships and performance with 3PLs /Carrier Management suppliers
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to manage budgets across multiple sites. The role involves strong financial, analytical and P&L skills besides ability to work in multi-functional teams.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment where you will be required to problem solve and think on your feet. The candidate should come with a sizeable span of control as part of the current supply chain role and large complexity/number of SKU's managed.
- Must be flexible and be able to participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate and manage relationship at all levels, internally and externally