Prosperly.in - Operations Manager - Mutual Funds & Customer Support (4-8 yrs)
Prosperly.in - Operations Manager (Mutual Funds & Customer Support)
About Prosperly :
Prosperly is a new-age digital wealth platform that will help any middle-class Indian confidently build wealth through a customised goal-based portfolio, unbiased guidance, and on-demand financial education. We are a founding team of five, working on product, content and partnerships for a product launch in 2022. The founder Rajeev Chebolu is an alumnus of IIT Madras & Kellogg School of Management with around 12 years of experience in private equity and CFO roles at start-ups.
Market Opportunity & Mission:
Indians are hugely 'under-invested' - only 8% of total household wealth is held in stocks & mutual funds, while 51% is held in cash, bank deposits, insurance policies etc. Our product will help any Indian, irrespective of his/her net worth, easily build & monitor an investment portfolio customised to his/her goals & risk profile. We aim to serve 5 million middle-class Indians as paying customers by 2030, out of the 160 million addressable middle class user base.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for managing our operations related to customer support and mutual fund transactions.
- The Operations Manager will recruit & train our customer support team, including developing training materials used to train the team.
- The support team will address queries from customers on transactions, products, and our app through calls, chat and emails. Further, the Operations Manager will drive process improvements & find technology solutions so that we are able to automate support operations wherever possible. All operational processes (including compliance) related to our mutual fund distribution business will also be handled by the Operations Manager.
- To be successful in this role (or any similarly early-stage start-up), you need to be willing to work very hard and take on whatever role is needed to help the company grow. We will offer a significant wealth creation opportunity through stock options.
Skills / Required Experience :
- 4-8 years of experience in managing operations in a financial services business, ideally related to investments and wealth. Some experience in a start-up would be preferred.
- Strong leadership skills to manage a growing team. Experience of managing a team is required.
- Good understanding of mutual fund processes and regulations would be good to have (but not necessary) for this role.
- Deep curiosity and passion for investing and the financial markets.