VP Strategy at Proklean Technologies
Views:1242 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:148
Proklean Technologies - General Manager - Manufacturing Operations (10-12 yrs)
Job Description: GM - Operations
- ProKlean Technologies, is a biotechnology company into the research and development, manufacture and sales of a range of non-toxic, non-corrosive and bio-degradable chemical replacement products using its proprietary technology platform. The technology has the potential to disrupt a large part of the chemical surfactants market. The company already has a range of products for Textile, Leather, Paper and Hospitality industries and has top Indian corporates in these industries as established clients and growing interest from other Asian markets. Its leather processing products have already been licensed to its partner in the USA and now being sold globally through Stahl, a leading supplier of leather chemicals globally.
- The Company is venture funded by Infuse Ventures (fund based out of IIM Ahmedabad's incubation centre, CIIE) and The Chennai Angels.
- Proklean is now looking to build a young & energetic team to expand the reach of its revolutionary technology across industries and across the globe. The company is currently looking for a dynamic and young candidate to become part of the senior management who could grow into a CXO position in the next few years. The company is looking for an operations leader to boost it's manufacturing and supply chain.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.
- Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met.
- Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Safety and Regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principles by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
Job Profile :
1. Responsible for plant production, financial performance and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
2. Preparing operating and capital budgets, plan and align production capacity to forecasts.
3. Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers, plan and control activities to ensure production targets are met
4. Identifying and implementing processes to improve the production. Identify continuous improvement areas and implement industry best practices.
5. Monitor and maintain key cost areas to keep cost under budget. Identify areas to save costs.
6. Oversee the supply chain activities ensuring input materials are available and dispatches to customers are orderly.
7. Maintain statutory compliances, interact with external / government agencies to ensure all compliances.
8. Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
9. Manage HR, Accounts and Admin functions relating to the production operations
Reporting: to the C.E.O.
Desired Qualification: B.Tech or M.Tech in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Sciences preferred. Candidates with an additional degree or PG diploma in management would also be preferred although not essential
Desired Experience: Minimum 8 years after graduation. Experience in managing manufacturing plants, setting processes and achieving six sigma production. Candidates who have exposure to fermentation based processes would be preferred although not essential.
Preference would be for a young and energetic person with the following:
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion with hands on attitude
- A self-starter and independent worker
- Leadership skills and ability build and manage teams.
Remuneration: Would not be a constraint for the right candidate