Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:649 Applications:130 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Project Manager - Water/Sanitation & Hygiene (8-12 yrs)
Project Manager- Water/Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
Our client is a US based global non-profit org with a mission to improve the human condition, is expanding its team in India, and is seeking a 'Project Manager' to play a key role in supporting project implementation of 'Inclusive WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) models in Urban slums of Bhubaneshwar and Jaipur which will include performing primary and secondary research, and coordination with various stakeholders (public, private, corporates and community) in the city. Project work will range from front-end activities such as data collection, analysis, coordinating and managing relevant stakeholders (public, private, corporates). Responsibilities will include project management, support research and analysis, reporting and communication. This position will be remote, but will involve travel within India.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The tasks to be undertaken by the Manager would include (but not be restricted to):
- Responsible for overall project management, effective delivery of project, project risk identification & mitigation and overseeing project financing
- He/she would be responsible for training and capacity building of project team, review work undertaken and coordinate with client
- He/She would be point person contact with the client and would be responsible for all communication with client
- Guide the team to conduct primary and secondary research, undertake stakeholder consultation and undertake analysis of research.
- Engage with internal/external stakeholders to understand their WASH business
- Organize stakeholder consultations to understand the WASH needs
- Reach out to the private/corporate stakeholders and seek their buy in for the project
- Support project teams in building compelling presentations conveying key messages in a
- Support team in organizing the knowledge dissemination workshops and thought leadership
- Undertake travel to other cities to engage with stakeholder
- Undertake meetings with client on regular basis and update them on the progress
- Provide direction to team to incorporate GESI framework in project development
- Engage timely with community to create awareness on WASH issues.
- Support team in analyzing and validating the monitoring and evaluation framework of the project.
Education and Experience:
Master's in social science / Bachelor's degree in engineering / MSC environment with additional qualification in management would be preferred. It is desirable that the candidate have more than 8-12 years' related experience (environment/social) in consulting or industry or not for profit; Prior experience on project management is a must.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Analytical skills to quickly understand technical features and market dynamics and tackle challenging questions and solve complex business issues with moderate support from teams
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
- Strong communications skills including written and presentation.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to facilitate and resolve cross-functional activities and issues.
- Result-oriented individual with outstanding interpersonal skills to perform effectively within a matrixed organization in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment
- Rigorous primary and secondary research skills to collect and organize technical and market information to enable innovation insights and commercialization strategies. The profile involves travel across India to coordinate and engage with stakeholders.