Project Manager - Sustainable Landscapes/Research/Forestry/Natural Resources (5-10 yrs)
In this role, your principal responsibilities will include day-to-day support for programme management and research on natural climate solutions. You will work on research on Natural Climate Solution and develop knowledge products and reports with inputs.
Provide logistical and administrative support to the project, to include but not limited to: manage and schedule appointments, liaise with external contacts, provide logistical support for meetings and trainings including travel arrangements, secure visa requirements, assist with expense report processing, take phone calls, draft correspondences
- Work with global team to prepare funder-specific progress reports including follow up with different country teams to get input and assist with financial reports
- Organize regular calls or other communication between the focus countries
- Develop presentation materials and other content required for meetings and/or funders
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external requests for NDC information
- Organize global meeting on NDC
- Maintain project files and internal communication systems
- Other tasks and priorities assigned by supervisors
Research & Knowledge (50% of time required):
- Develop global narrative for NDC projects and the impact on NDC
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of the current state of the national and sub-national finance for landscape restoration in India.
This will include identifying existing and new financing options (including climate finance) to create awareness and political incentives at both national and state level in India for scaling landscape restoration
- Research on business models that can support implementing and scaling landscape restoration like agroforestry in India
- Develop and execute creative ways to translate the economic and financial case in the restoration opportunity analysis and policy recommendations of India into compelling storylines
- Knowledge of forestry and natural resource management issues in India is necessary.
- At least five years post-study full time, research experience relating to economics, finance, forestry this should data collection analysis and report writing.
- Excellent communication in English
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, proactive, fast learner
- Demonstrated capacity to work well under pressure and successfully manage multiple deadlines and competing demands
- Excellent multi-cultural communication skills, including the ability to work well with teams from different countries
- Demonstrated experience of working in inter-disciplinary teams.
- Willingness to take early or late calls to communicate with international offices
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience of working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively in conversation and writing, including professional-quality writing for policy and communications products.