Project Manager - SAS - KPO (7-10 yrs)
- To provide advanced project management services and to develop, maintain and enhance operational business relationships.
- Responsible for management of moderate to highly complex programs consisting of multiple related projects. Oversee major projects, providing strategic context, direction and leadership to the teams involved.
- Monitor project execution plans, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget. Role responsibilities include components of: resource management, finance management, quality management and control management.
Accountability: Project Management
- The management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of small- to medium-scale projects.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensures that quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
Accountability: Stakeholder Relationship Management
- The coordination of relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change.
- Develops and manages one or more defined communication channels and/or stakeholder groups.
- Initiates communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Facilitates the business change decision-making processes and the planning and implementation of change.
Education And Experience Required
- BSc degree or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- At least 8 years- experience in implementing or 10 years- experience working on complex projects
- Appropriate professional accreditation in Programme and or Project Management (e.g. Agile, Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), PMP - PMBOK certification)
- Solid direct knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Project Management experience gained in a complex Financial Service environment, preferable
Knowledge and skills:
- Proven Project Management and Change Management skills and expertise
- Experience of managing activity across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current technology, structured methods and a quality process (e.g. PMP method, Prince2, etc.)
- Exposure to governance, control and risk management
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams at all levels
- Ability to negotiate/influence at senior level
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Good financial Business Case Skills.