Senior Recruitment Consultant at Randstad India
Views:1607 Applications:119 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Project Manager - Product Development Lifecycle - Automotive (11-16 yrs)
The Project Manager is responsible for all phases of a project from concept through development and commercialization. As a member of the team, he or she oversees projects that will deliver enhancements to our telemetry and cashless platforms as well as our cloud-based online platforms using the NPD (New Product Development) lifecycle. This position will be accountable to deliver the project objectives, ROI, and transition into continuing operations. This position is expected to manage the project schedule to ensure safety, quality, on-time delivery, cost, scope, risks, change control and communication. The Project Manager will report directly to the Program Manager with a dotted line into Engineering. The Project Manager will provide and ensure good project management practices are employed throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Responsibilities and Duties:-
- Manage all tasks of multiple enterprise-level, networked & connected embedded systems-based projects through the complete product development lifecycle.
- Develop schedules for supported projects using Company tools and best practices, based on either agile or waterfall lifecycle models. Be a champion for both Company's NPD tollgate process and the agile software development lifecycle, depending on which process the project is following.
- Use business objectives and engineering analysis to define overall timelines for projects. Create detailed schedules by breaking down high-level deliverables into granular tasks that can be accurately estimated.
- Build consensus on schedules based on engineering director, product manager, development lead and individual team member inputs.
- Ensure cross-functional team performance to schedule through a regular cadence (daily or weekly) of progress review with appropriate follow-up actions to ensure on time delivery of the project. Ensure that progress reports made by team members are accurate and reliable.
- Communicate effectively with senior management, cross functional peers and the development team 2
- Proactively identify and manage gaps in scheduled tasks, schedule misses or slippage by identifying early when tasks are off track, and working with team members and functional managers to develop strategies to correct.
- Calculate and budget project expenses and capital requirements; track and manage project spend to maintain budget expectations
- As needed perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Act as a scrum master for multiple scrum teams.
- Manage backlog for multiple scrum teams
- Define, monitor and report on development metrics including accuracy of estimates, completion of user stories, defect density and leakage
- Collaborate with Product Management to get requirements defined ahead of S/W team's engagement.
- Experience with JIRA, VSTS or other similar application life cycle management tools
- Hands on experience creating dashboards for automated metrics
Qualifications and Required Skills :
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, management or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2+ years product development in a stage-gate driven product development environment (leadership or individual contributor role).
- 3+ years direct project management
- 2+ years managing scrum process for software development teams
- PMP certification in project management or Agile project management is preferred.
- Certified Scrum professional.
- Hands-on experience managing projects with over 50 S/W developers across multiple locations with JIRA portfolio required.
Key Attributes for Success :
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
- Results and people-oriented with sound judgment- ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player - able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Up to 25% travel