Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:416 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Project Manager - IT Infrastructure (18-22 yrs)
Infrastructure IT Project Manager
Role & Responsibilities :
1) Develops and manages enterprise system infrastructure & Data Centres across Locations:
- Managing technology infrastructure and assets at across locations and coordinate with team to maintain and support company's technology hardware and software.
- Analyzing technical needs, requirements, and state of the server, storage and virtualization infrastructure design, integration, and operations
- Managing emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommending technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Recommending, developing, implementing, and maintaining new and existing technology infrastructures.
- Acquiring new software and hardware, negotiating service contracts, and building relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Managing Information Technology engineering & operations staff.
- Leading efforts to research and pilot new technology to improve Infrastructure service.
- Developing processes to streamline and automate routine tasks.
- Delivering performance metrics on KPIs.
- Analyzing problems and communicating with end users and department managers to assess needs and determine optimum solutions to IT concerns.
- Documenting all communication and tasks performed including closing out help desk requests when completed.
- Managing capacity planning of all production hardware servers and storage, proactively submit recommendations or proposals in order to meet business demand.
- Researching and assessing any capital equipment needs.
- Communicating project plan to appropriate staff and department managers as well as outlining any end user process changes.
- Managing efforts to build and deliver System and Storage infrastructure.
2) Ensures development team productivity and identifies opportunities for greater departmental efficiencies and quality by:
- Assigning projects among staff taking into consideration staff skill set and workload.
- Evaluating and monitoring the workload of staff to ensure projects are on time; affecting change when necessary.
- Interacting with various internal and external groups to facilitate successful project completion.
- Implementing and managing the introduction of new technology and departmental tools.
- Keeping department head advised of current issues.
3) Provides technical support and guidance to all internal and external application users by:
- Answering questions regarding systems infrastructure design.
- Assisting in writing technical documentation and Work Instructions.
- Responding to help desk requests in a timely fashion, facilitating and coordination or emergency issues.
4) Serves as liaison between Information Technology and other departments by:
- Proactively cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with all functional groups.
- Assisting in analyzing processes and process changes for greater efficiency.
Qualification And Experience:
1. B. Tech / BE or equivalent qualifications with 20 years' experience managing IT infrastructure and support & in IT operations, management and best practices, significant experience with IT hardware, software (Windows, VMware, Active Directory).
2. Demonstrated capability to design and implement an IT environment based on a well-articulated roadmap and strategic vision.
3. Solid background in network administration and architecture. Hands on experience on Network Data Center planning/design/ implement, site to site tunnel setup and troubleshooting, VPN issues.
4. Working knowledge of Linux operating systems experience with supporting and troubleshooting stability and performance issues.
5. Experience with Infrastructure-Based Processes: Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Facilities Management, Performance Tuning, Asset Management, Disaster Recovery, Data Center support.
6. Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
7. Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures.
8. Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management.
9. Experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction.
10. Working knowledge on AD, Server and Database Infrastructure environment.
11. Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities to meet the organizations developing needs and growth.
12. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight periodic reporting deadlines.
13. CCNA, CCIE Certification preferred.
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.