Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:530 Applications:138 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Project Manager/Head - IT Infrastructure (15-22 yrs)
Project Manager (Head) -IT Infrastructure
- Develops, maintains, and revises proposals for assigned projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, funding, and staffing. Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Creates and Maintains Project Plans: Develops, and continually updates, detailed project/program management plans. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures PM methodology is adhered to.
- Prepare various RFPs needed for vendor and contractor services manage the contractor, vendor selection process.
- Supports the Management of the IT Infrastructure Project Portfolio: Work with appropriate IT and business stakeholders to define, prioritize and manage the pipeline of potential future IT infrastructure projects. Work with stakeholders on reporting the current status of all projects based on established project management criteria. Facilitate the process to accelerate, decelerate, add to or remove projects from the portfolio.
- Manage Project Status Reporting: Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Develop and Maintain Project Schedules: Incorporates regular updates from each functional team.
- Lead Project Cost Estimation and Ongoing Budget Tracking: Provides budget information to Project Managers. Assists in developing cost estimates and analyzing data.
- Perform Project Resource Management: Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Identifies project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks staff availability. Updates the project plan with work assignments.
- Conducts Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
- Support Stakeholder Management: Works with technology and business owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements.
- Integrate Project Business Analysis: Works with project team members and stakeholders to integrate technical and functional changes to projects into work assignment and schedules.
- Provide Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Other Support Duties as Needed: Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Works closely with IT Leaders to understand technology and business needs and goals.
- Works with Senior Management to maintain a productive working relationship with technology staff, project sponsors, system users, and vendors.
- Interacts with other IT and operations project managers, senior technical personnel, and other functional or support organizations.
Qualification And Experience:
1. Should have overall 15+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
2. Experience with IT service, infrastructure and support process redesign and documentation.
3. Experience implementing project-related changes into a 24x7 production environment.
4. Exposure to IT infrastructure/datacenter technologies, such as server hardware and operating systems, networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls and wireless access points.
5. Must possess knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
6. Estimate the project's effort from functional/technical requirements to the necessary level for planning and scheduling purposes.
7. Functional understanding of datacenter components and conceptual integration of servers, storage, and networking technologies.
8. Working familiarity with leading IT industry hardware/software providers.
9. Knowledgeable about the integration of risk management (security, backup/recovery, redundancy) into technology implementations.
10. Can prioritize trade-offs between on-time, on-scope or on-budget delivery.
11. Skilled at project scheduling, including via automated tools, and can analyze progress and trade-offs.
12. Can implement project change process, as appropriate for scope control and change processes.
13. Supports Project and Portfolio Management process implementation.
14. Sufficient communication and organization skills to implement a formal communications plan
Capable of project risk assessment, monitoring and mitigation planning.
15. Excellent knowledge about all aspects of information technology, specifically with complex infrastructure environments.
16. Excellent analytical and observation skills.
17. Ability to keep up with latest developments in the field and upgrade IT infrastructure - Good communication and negotiation skills.
18. Excellent planning and organization ability.
19. Excellent time management skills and understanding the value of a baseline.
20. Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
21. Excellent management and leadership qualities.
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.