Project Manager - Government Projects - NGO (3-6 yrs)
The Project Manager will manage one of the key projects of the organisation in the areas of road safety and access to emergency medical help.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for effective and timely on-ground implementation of the projects focusing on emergency medical response and trauma care, including reporting on progress vis-a-vis planned activities and expected outputs.
- Take charge of day to day coordination with government agencies, vendors and partners.
- Maintain close liaison with concerned Government authorities and other stakeholders, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership in the implementation of the projects.
- Coordinate with Police, hospitals and other agencies to facilitate smooth implementation of projects.
- Design, develop and monitor work plans, milestones and indicators.
- Document success stories and lessons learnt.
- Prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders around road crashes.
- Provide technical inputs for planning and implementing of new projects around road safety and emergency care.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 3 years- experience of managing development projects
- Substantial previous experience in working with government officials (e.g. police, public health department) and other stakeholders
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Strong networking skills
- Results oriented, flexible and problem-solving skills
- Education: Degree in Engineering (civil)/ Architecture/ MBA/MSW or a Master's degree in public policy would be preferred. Bachelor's degree candidates with relevant experience may also apply.
- Proven experience of working with Government
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Hindi and English. Knowledge of other regional languages will be a plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with knowledge and prior experience. Additionally, medical insurance and other benefits as per organization policy