Senior Manager - HR at TechnoServe
Views:2822 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Project Manager - FPC & Agri Value Chain - Marketing Operations (6-10 yrs)
Salary offered: 10 - 15 LPA
- Title: Project Manager (PM / APM)
- Location: Davangere, Karnataka
- Nature of employment: Permanent
- Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Specific responsibilities would include (but not limited to) the following :
1. Provide mentorship as well as implementation support to FPC on institution building, organizational management, setting and meeting aggressive marketing targets as well as expanding into new business areas.
2. Provide support to the FPC on strategic planning, business planning, establishing market linkage and raising capital from Banks and Financial Institutions.
3. Provide implementation level support to the FPC on all marketing related activities such as setting up of aggregation systems, quality control, farmer training, processing etc.
4. Help establish business linkages bringing marketing connections as well as signed marketing contracts for products produced by the FPC members.
5. Support and monitor compliance to all trade-related documentation such as APMC cess, VAT, entry taxes, waybills etc.
6. Manage relationships with multiple stake holders including buyers, processing units, local APMCs, agriculture department, NCDEX etc.
7. Help the FPCs with on-ground problem solving, including negotiating with vendors and service providers, liaison with the local government department etc.
8. Support the Senior Project Manager, where required, on other thematic areas within the program.
9. Provide mentorship and guidance support to FPO team and engage with Board of Directors of FPO.
We are looking for a person with a blend of skills on technical assistance to small and collective enterprises and commercial acumen, with the ability to analyze situations, set priorities and take decisions.
- Graduate or postgraduate in Agriculture or Rural Management.
- At least 6 years of experience in agricultural value chains. Particular experience in the marketing of agri-commodities like Maize and/or Paddy would be preferable.
- Good communication skills (written and oral). Knowledge of English is mandatory. Knowledge of Kannada is preferable.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse and multi-cultural team, and to deliver in a time-bound program
- Willingness to be based in Davangere area and flexibility to travel extensively during the execution of the program.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.