Specialist at Recruitment Firm
Views:258 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Project Manager - Credit Risk Transformation - Bank (6-15 yrs)
Project Manager Credit Risk Transformation - Bangalore / Hyderabad
What you'll do:
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimizes the plan to maximize benefits and minimize risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
- Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Bank Change Framework. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle. Takes ownership of critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales and implements mitigating plans against identified risks and issues. Escalates when needed to the Programme Manager (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, and escalates with possible solutions).
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
- Obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes
- Ensures governance processes and decisions are applied consistently, including:
- Engaging the project sponsor and stakeholders effectively
- Creation and running of effective Steering Committee, who make focused decisions, based upon accurate and timely status, performance reports. Using the committee as the first point of escalation.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Graduate/Post Graduate with minimum 6-10 years of banking experience
- Relevant experience of 5+ years as a Project Manager (in formal PM roles)
- Knowledge in Wholesale Credit risk is required. This would include knowledge of aspects around credit lifecycle, model development and deployment lifecycle including the various regulatory aspects pertaining to credit risk and understanding of the risk and business systems typically involved, knowledge of the type of data required to build credit risk models (PD/LGD/EAD), the role of these models in managing credit risk and the key regulatory drivers for such models (Eg: Basel III)
- Strong and proven project management skillsets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have an Agile mindset with constant target to deliver more value to customers effectively and efficiently
- Experienced in working with global virtual teams across different geographies, culture and time-zones
- Ability to challenge and question status quo in a constructive way, while accepts to be challenged and receives feedbacks positively
- Strong inter-personal skills; ability to handle conflict and manage expectations
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project management
- Certified in PMP or Prince2 or equivalent ; Optional
- FRM/PRM ; Optional
- Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field ; Optional
- Degree in business administration / management / economics, engineering and science ; Optional