HR Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:18837 Applications:1296 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:639
Project Manager/Business Analyst - Bank (9-15 yrs)
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
- Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks.. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle. Takes ownership of critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales and implements mitigating plans against identified risks and issues. Escalates when needed to the Programme Manager (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, and escalates with possible solutions).
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
- Obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes
- Analyses management reports, and derives insights from it to drive the right business decisions
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of - Target
- Deliver projects and achieve stated revenue and costs benefits
- % of target delivered against plan
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- % of projects completed within baseline schedule
- % of projects completed within baseline budget
- Delight our partners through delivery of exceptional service
- Achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success.
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
- Keeps focus on the medium and long term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
- Manages change and implementation to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realisation
- Manages project closure and handover to the business and/or function
- Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities/resources - Target
Manage project costs to target
- Develops the plan in line with Global Transformation Project
- Communicates the plan to stakeholders - Measure
- Develops and/or reviews estimates and estimating assumptions for the project's schedule, effort, and cost using established Global Transformation estimating models, best practices, and past experience - Budget variance from business case Target
- Effectively manage operational risks
- Mobilises the project team and allocates tasks and roles and internal controls
- Provides timely reports on project status, risks and issues, evaluating project performance based on management information -
Number of outstanding risks not mitigated to plan
- Manages and reports on the project budget, acting on any variance
- Manages and reports project risks, issues and dependencies - Target
- Drives a culture of achievement and ensure pace by - Effectively manage project schedule identifying and removing barriers to project success - Measure
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to - Schedule variance: baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered Days at completion v latest baseline
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and - Target
Transformation led projects to be timely decisions are taken managed in compliance with the BTF and Clarity Minimum Standards
- Ensures project team follow quality assurance processes, Global Transformation frameworks and methodologies to - Measure ensure the common high performance approach across - Project reviews evidence this and MI
Global Transformation indicates >95% of Clarity minimum
- Ensures governance processes and decisions are applied standards are met. Number of consistently, including: outstanding actions from tollgate reviews
- Engaging the project sponsor and stakeholders effectively
- Creation and running of effective Steering Committee, who make focused decisions, based upon accurate and timely status, performance reports. Using the committee as the first point of escalation.
- Seeks project quality assurance, acting on Recommendations.
- Use standardised project metrics and reporting driven out of Clarity. Management by exception of budget and schedule variance. Ensuing accurate and responsible status reporting. Escalating, coordinating any mitigants or remedial action.
- Plans and executes regular tollgates in line with BTF
Capability and People Development
- Identifies and shares the resource requirements of the project, to the Programme Manager requesting the appropriate skill set - Target and/or experience - Engage our workforce to maximise
- Ensuring good project induction and orientation - i.e. the team understand the project context and content, the importance of contribution and commitment stakeholder management and wider programme goals - Measure
- Defines high level responsibilities and objectives for members - Target of their project team and ensure the individuals are being used in accordance with their skills and resource request - Uplift Global Transformation capability through skills and experience
- Provides regular constructive feedback and coaching to development individuals to improve their performance and support their - Measure development and career progression. Hold 1:1 discussions at least once every fortnight. - % of staff meeting minimum role standards by competency
- Acts as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages the professionalism and development of our teams
- Maintains a strong focus on people development and ensures project resources receive any necessary training and support, particularly on the Global Transformation Business
- Outside of the project context, the Project Manager may have functional/line responsibility for a pool of Project Managers, typically this will involve, performance management, resource management and professional development, by setting and agreeing objectives and coaching as and when required
- Working with or as a team leader drives a performance management based culture to improve and drive efficiencies and delivery including the effective management of underperform ers
- Rolling resources off the project team in a planned and responsible manner, completing performance feedback and helping resources move onto their next project
- Promotes the Group's Values and strategy by creating a positive work environment and promoting teamwork to drive engagement
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
- Management and control of projects to meet exacting timescales necessary in a competitive market place
- Defining the approach and dealing with complex requirements and unique projects - often one off initiatives
- Achieving benefits (cost reduction, revenue increase, strategic goals) set out in the business case
- Management of stakeholders
- Working with multiple delivery and delivery partner teams
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.