Project Lead - Consulting Firm (5-15 yrs)
Project Lead - Delhi, Bangalore, Bhopal
We are open to hiring folks for the position of Strategy Manager across different locations throughout India with a number of organizations.
Location: Delhi or Bangalore or Bhopal - Candidates to be based out of or willing to relocate to these locations. This is not a remote or work from home opportunity.
Salary: 18-36 LPA; negotiable basis skills, experience and current compensation levels.
About the role :
- This profile will be a strategy maker who can assist the top management of the organizations in the decisions that they make, create strategies for the existing projects as well as the new projects that the organization looks forward to .
- A profile which will help you grow in not just one particular sector, but, in many of the sectors.
- The profile helps you grow your expertise in project management across multiple strategic projects, working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
To actively design and manage programmes at scale.
1. To design and lead the development of at-scale programmes, actively owning and delivering the programme
2. To integrate data and dashboards into our programmes so that we can better track impact.
3. Codifying best practices from the program and disseminating them internally and externally towards building knowledge of the organization and allowing replication across the ecosystem
4. To build strong relationships and credibility with partner organisations, senior government officials, donors and field teams.
5. To support components of other programmes as required, towards strengthening impact and leverage synergies
To support the execution and implementation of the programme at scale
1. Support the Program Director in implementing the programme effectively at scale
2. Collectively work with team members in the state towards high quality execution of the program on ground sharing key insights
3. Manage a team of Programme Managers, Project Managers, Project Associates and Project Coordinators, towards successful and smooth work execution
4. Providing timely support to government counterparts, field officials and teachers towards understanding and engaging with programs
5. Understanding and navigating the education administration of the state to enable impact
6. Designing and delivering mechanisms for increasing impact
Strengthening liaison with the government, and identifying opportunities for deepening support to the government
1. Building and managing relationships with government officials at the state and cluster level, to enable success of Peepul's programmes
2. Liaising and coordinating in influencing state-wide policy and processes through sharing / dissemination of best-practices.
Widening and deepening understanding of state priorities and field realities
1. Providing insight into other programs and initiatives ongoing at the state and district level
2. Building and sharing a strong understanding of historical and current government programs
3. Develop and maintain effective feedback mechanism to ensure and support evidence-based planning and decision making.
4. Capture and communicate feedback from ground to enable strengthening of programme design and implementation
To build an effective and sustainable delivery architecture, including a high performing team and strong public, private and non-profit partnerships.
1. Recruit, support, line-manage and develop a high-calibre delivery team. Effectively work in a matrixed environment with education specialists, subject matter experts and field staff
2. Develop and maintain strong operational relationships with government partners, providing leadership and putting in place mechanisms to support collaboration and cross-organisational working.
3. Design and build effective, fully aligned partnerships to leverage external expertise where appropriate given in-house skill-set
4. Build capacity within government teams to ensure ongoing, sustainable organisational self-improvement after the formal end of the project/programme
To contribute, as part of the senior team to the wider strategic development
1. To ensure the strategic agenda is effectively translated into clear operational plans within the core programme being led.
2. To provide advice and challenge to the Senior Leadership Team on programme management and execution
3. Lead on key parts of wider organizational building, supporting the Senior Leadership Team
4. To build strong working relationships with all senior leaders, developing a deep understanding of the organisation's mission and aligning its principles and practices across geographies.
5. To work effectively with board members, ensuring regular and accurate reporting on programme performance.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and attributes.
1. A total experience of 8-10 years with a track record of providing strong strategic and operational leadership in a rapidly growing commercial or charitable organisation.
2. Proven success in managing multi-functional teams, including finance, in dynamic settings.
3. Extensive experience of working with senior internal and external stakeholders.
4. Experience of developing effective operational services to support the delivery of wider strategic goals.
Skills and Knowledge:
1. A detailed understanding of service excellence with the leadership skills to foster a strong service ethos across the central team.
2. The intellectual flexibility to participate fully in shaping the strategic and operational future of the network, working with all the senior colleagues in India.
3. Strong analytical skills with the ability to spot pragmatic solutions to operational challenges.
4. An ability to work successfully under pressure with the capacity to manage competing priorities.
5. Exceptional stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to build strong, sustainable relationships with a wide range of individuals.
1. A passion for education and a genuine commitment to mission and values.
2. The tenacity, flexibility and resilience to adapt rapidly to changing priorities in a fast-moving, complex environment.
3. High levels of personal impact with the ability to command the respect of wide range of senior stakeholders.
4. Significant personal drive, energy, ambition and enthusiasm.
Fluency in English and Hindi
Other factors to consider:
1. Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils. This role will be subject to enhanced background checks.
2. Willingness to travel internationally and when necessary work outside normal working day for public and other meetings and to achieve deadlines