Project Head - Education Platform (15-20 yrs)
JOB TITLE : Project Head
JOB FAMILY : Business LOCATION : Bangalore
Edunation Services Private Limited (ESPL) represents a great blend of capabilities the proven ability of school management team having handled more than 15 Schools, 23000 students spread across many states of India; the strength and expertise of Ryan Group with its pioneering service across 140 school campuses and the growth gene of a global Private Equity player like Foundation Holdings.
Edunation with its vision To nurture future-ready global citizens who positively and responsibly impact the world, aspires to create a leading education platform in India providing management consultancy to schools to operate in an efficient and professional manner; complaint with local regulations and above all, serving the needs of learners in safe and enabling environment. In this journey, we aim to work with a motivated and passionate team of professionals who can deliver on Edunation values and commit to the mission to impact more than 200,000 learners lives and society at large by 2030.
Project Head is responsible for planning and facilitating the Project Management, to ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion and within the budget for ESPL. The role will be responsible for planning and designating project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed.
Conceptualize & implement insightful strategies of viable Operations, Strategy and Financial Planning in operation & maintenance (O&M) of Infrastructure, Water management, International EHS practices based on high standards of risk-based management applications and processes. Project Head would also be responsible for managing the HSCP standards in the schools.
This role would also require interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most
often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
REQUIRED RESPONSIBILITY AND EXPERIENCE:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY :
Project Management :
- Successful and timely delivery of all phases of the program / projects from concept through to BAU transition.
- Planning the project from conception to implementation, identify issues, risks, dependencies and assumptions to ensure accurate planning.
- To proactively monitor overall project progress, resolving risks and issues and initiating corrective action plans as appropriate.
- To monitor & ensure the execution of construction plan, on the quality and timeline aspect.
- Coordination with the Land owner of the Project.
- Take care of complete supply chain.
- To act as the central point of liaison, communications and coordination between REN Management/Team and other stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- To maintain overall control and accountability for the schedule and the delivery of expected
- To actively manage scope changes and the impact to the overall plan.
- To manage multiple work streams with many moving dependencies.
- To mitigate project related challenges with minimal supervision
- Ensure legal compliances necessary for ensuring business continuity.
Occupational Safety & Health :
- Formulation and Implementation of Health & occupational Safety Policy.
- Health & Occupational Safety Risk Assessments of schools and corporate site.
- Electrical safety, water, environmental & food safety standards.
- Guide schools in Fire Risk Assessment & Mitigation.
- Guide in procurement, installation and maintenance of safety equipment.
- Formulation and Implementation of Safeguarding & Protection Minimum Standards and
- Support schools in Safeguarding & Protection Risk analysis, mitigation & controls.
- Steer Child protection related programs aimed at safeguarding of learners.
Business Continuity and Disaster Management :
- Formulation of business continuity plan and response mechanism to address the operational risks related to natural and manmade disasters (corporate and school sites).
- Plan maintenance with internal and external stake holders (corporate and school sites).
- Central Sourcing and Procurement: Responsible for PAN India procurement & purchase planning, ensuring continuous supply at optimum costs for Furniture, Books, Uniforms, ICTs, computers etc.
- Vendor Management: Strengthening vendor source and developing alternate source of suppliers; finalizing purchase orders, schedules and following-up with vendors for supply of material. Designing customized contracts and agreements.
- Infrastructure upgrade at existing schools: Would be able to provide expert advice on infrastructure upgrades at existing schools. This may be with regards to classrooms, furniture, resource utilizations with premise etc.
- Transport Management: Support PAN India transport operations, manage transport budgets and derive tangible savings, implement HSE norms, conduct audits and checks.
- Risk assessments and operational audits: Conduct regular audit of the systems and procedures at schools for smooth operations of the site, prepare project snag list on behalf of promoter, handover of project and equipment to the school, Monitoring the overall functioning of the process, identifying improvement areas and implementing adequate measures to maximize customer satisfaction level.
- Logistics & inventory management of all the schools with respect to capital expenditures to achieve the targeted plan & to support the schools team to meet the demand on ground.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 15-20 years experience managing projects (School Project experience will be preferred), Procurement & HSCP role.
- Degree in Civil Engineering / Electrical Engineering, with a Management Degree.
- PMP Certification (preferred) or good knowledge of Project Management methodologies / best Practices.
- Should have handled large scale constructions.
- Should be good at designing & drawing.
- Should be adept in handling Permissions.
- Should have strong negotiation skills.
- Problem solving skills, ability to work under pressure, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and manage the crisis.
- Experience of working in different geographies and having knowledge of state wise norms.
- Effective Presentation & communications skills
- Strategist and implementer with demonstrated success in end-to-end project management.
- Significant experience working with Customers, Project Managers and Technical Teams for securing & executing facilities and maintenance services in project management mode.
- Exposure on Resource Planning, Optimization Skills and people management