Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:1042 Applications:203 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:196
Project Head - Education Foundation/NGO (15-20 yrs)
Organization: KOTAK EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Job Title: PROJECT HEAD - LEAD AND GURU
Reports to: CEO
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was set up in 2007 with a single-point focus to uplift the children and youth from underprivileged families through education, innovative healthcare and livelihood training programmes. It takes a holistic approach to help the urban poor break free from the vicious cycle of extreme poverty and generational disadvantages.
- To support children & youth from underprivileged families through different education-based interventions and to empower them to rise above the poverty line and lead a life of dignity through sustainable processes.
- KEF has partnered with 46 schools within Mumbai City catering to children from underprivileged families. These regional language schools are government-aided private schools, set up by Social Entrepreneurs. However, they lack good quality teaching, infrastructure and leadership. KEF attempts to complement these schools through its various programmes. KEF also provides livelihood training in 8 centres of the city and has helped more than 55,000 beneficiaries.
KEF empowers underprivileged children and youth through Education, Innovative Healthcare and Livelihood Training Programmes through 10 of their interventions mentioned below.
Reason for the hire:
- Kotak Education Foundation is looking to hire a Project Head for their core education programme called LEAD and Guru. Given the current circumstances, they are looking for a dynamic individual who understands the ground reality and is prepared to take the challenge and work more hands on with the implementation team. S/he is expected to build this intervention in terms of planning, monitoring, communication and execution of the programme. This role will be demanding and fast paced. For the right individual, this will provide an exciting opportunity to shape their work and build strategic partnerships with educators in the field.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Innovation and Designing
- School Co-ordination
- Execution of the intervention on field
- Planning, Monitoring and communication
- Financial Management
- External Collaborations
- Team Management
- Minimum 15 years in CSR, Teacher Training, Leadership Development, Social work/ Development/ NGO in education sector
- Prior experience of working on CSR projects in education or school leadership development
- Understanding of school functioning, Lead teachers' training/ school training programme in reputed NGO.
- Expertise on quantitative and qualitative data analysis, report writing, presentation and substantial, proven knowledge of school education/ leadership development/ teacher training landscape
- Demonstrated experience in building effective relationships with different stakeholders
- Experience in programme planning, designing and implementation
- Experience in working with education technology
- Experience in managing a large scale education project
Third Sector Partners, a leading senior management and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained for this position. Interested candidates can apply in their CVs along with three references and a cover note before 23rd November, 2020. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.