Head - HR at Conscient Group
Views:1487 Applications:94 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Project Head - Construction Program - Real Estate (15-25 yrs)
The Project Head is responsible for leading the development of the project including overview of project planning, budgeting, procurement, implementation of the complete project. This person is required to coordinate with vendors, consultants, architects and contractors.
- Lead and responsible for the overall Construction Program and Cost Plan subject to Contract Provisions
- Determine the outline sequence of works from start to completion to be followed by the General Contractor (GC)
- Review and approval of:
a) Construction Programs
b) Working Drawings
c) Method Statements
d) Material Submittals
- Provide all reasonable assistance to GC in obtaining any Permits, Licenses or Approvals from statutory authorities for execution of work
- Direct, control and manage different aspects of the project including in-house engineering, procurement, construction, interfaces, administration functions and all external work undertaken by contractors and consultants throughout the design, supply, construction and commissioning phases of the projects.
- Ensure timely completion of design development by Architects, Structural/MEP Consultants and reviewing the receipts of tender and tender drawings; managing the progress, cost and schedule planning of the projects.
- Oversee all the site inspections, checks, instructions, notices, approvals and certifications
- Review the Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) regime at site. Strive to achieve the highest standards possible.
- Implement a strict Quality Control regime in line with the Standards envisaged
- Monitor project progress, conduct review meetings, identify and address areas of concern Provide MIS feedback to Management
- Coordinate the works of Owner's Vendors and GC where applicable Provide administrative and financial support to ensure project completion.
- Planning and coordination for timely procurement of Owner-supplied materials
- Strive to create a cordial and conducive work atmosphere for smooth progress.
- Give Notice to and raise Claims on GC
(1) when Owner's interests are adversely affected due to inadequate performance of GC
(2) when any other valid similar circumstance arises
- Prepare and lead development plans that includes preparation of project/construction schedule, project description, market analysis and construction budgets.
- Communicate the project status to all stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed. Study/anticipate risks in projects from inception stage till completion including legislation-related risks. Addresses risks and mitigate or eliminate them effectively.
- Compile and document project information on completion of a project to use the information for reference for future projects, checking for deviations from the standard process and regulatory audits.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in civil engineering and Master's in Construction Management
- Minimum 15-20 years of experience in working in real estate development environment.
- Understanding of project management tools & techniques, best practices with strong command and awareness of diverse & latest technological advancements in construction methods/materials and their applications
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to consistently meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and project management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with clients, contractors, consultants etc. to ascertain operational control.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule. Ability to handle stressful and high- pressured atmosphere.